Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small front yard that is almost all plants, and is terraced right up to the sidewalk. Since space is so limited, i was trying to think of stuff to put up on my porch roof. It's about 8 foot deep, pitched, and as wide as the house. I have good access to it from upstairs windows and by ladder in the front yard. My initial thought was a UFO crash scene since i have a life size foam latex alien, but i realized that building (and consequently storing) a UFO would be a little hard to pull off. Any ideas would be appreciated, i'm drawing a blank.

oh i really want to stay away from anything that has to be nailed or screwed to the roof, so stuff i could run fishing line or small cables inside the windows to anchor down inside would be ok.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey, that's a good idea! I already have a 6' spider web from last year, and a big orange and black spider in the basement. Maybe i could find an old mannequin or something and wrap that up, or some garbage bags stuffed with paper and wrap masking tape around the neck, waist, and foot areas to approximate a human body's shape. Hmmmm what to wrap that in to mimic the web sac... clothesline?

·
Registered
122 Posts
What about a zombie or skellie on the top, leaning down, trying to help other zombies or skellies climb your terrace? Have some caught in the plants, maybe add a man eating plant, giant venus fly trap, or something along that line? Or add the spider to it to have even more to look at, just a thought.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Not sure how big a life sized alien is but could it be dressed in a costume and stuck in the web like the spider got one of the TOTers...that way you can still get some use out of it and not have to make a dummy.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Mikey, you have opened a Pandora's box here -

Spider's Victim

There is also a Spider Victim prop that uses a shiatsu massager unit out on the Internet somewhere. I'll try to track that down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts