Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
giant piece of styrofoam.

Detail:

It measures just over 7 feet long, 2.5 feet at the thickest point, but is irregularly cut - chunks and weird shapes gouged out. (I found it on the side of the road, no idea what this was for).

It's the big bead white styro, and it sheds the beads easily. Probably won't hold fine detail or cut cleanly.

I was thinking about doing a stone well for a Samara/Ring prop, but I'm not sure how without having to cut each stone out and then gluing all of them together.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
No idea what to make but we have used lots of that type of foam before..be prepared for a messy clean up. Power tools will cut it fine and I use a sand/paint mixture to sort of make a hard shell. You can also make a stencil with contact paper and use the spray paint method to eat away an epitaph without worrying about it eating away too much. I would test a small piece first tho' just incase yours is a different type of foam. I've had some pices that would crumble in your hands if you picked it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stone it up and moss and vine it into an architectural remnant. I would use it to hide a mid-cemetary fogger/chiller and/or sound or other electronic gizmos.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Not quite as creative, but the first pic sort of reminded me of the long base of a family plot marker.
(upside down)

Sort of along these lines:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks like a good base for a SpookyTown landscape to me. ;)
Actually looks like the base I made last year for my wife's collection to sit on our fireplace mantle! I had to take hardwood and glue solid blocks to it then carve... That piece looks great out of the box!!

It even has a ledge on the back for the power strips, etc....

Nice find

·
Registered
210 Posts
yes i see it has an old ruine just make 2 columns of pvc with great stuff and add trhis piece on top just an entrance arch

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
For those of you who are trying to create that look, its an old piece of exterior styrofoam moulding. Hard to find unless someone is tearing down a stucco covered house built in the seventies. Newer homes generally have polyurethane moulding. An awesome roadkill find though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts