Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this crate from work and I just new that I could do some fun halloween things with it , I would like to know what kind of ideas everyone else has for this prop.[/ATTACH]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about putting my daughter like a lunatic or a girl warning passerbys not to enter the maze because Jason is in there.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Whatever you ultimately decide to do...
it needs to take the newness look away from it. Which means aging it: destressing it, maybe round it around in mud or dirt, spray paint, shredded burlap, etc.

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
We had a crate in our garage-haunt last year. It was on top of a work bench, propped open a few inches with a dim red bulb inside. And that was it. Well, that and my nephew hiding UNDER the desk with a werewolf mask strapped to the back of his head!

However, your crate looks more like the ones the 'Raptors were kept in in Jurassic Park...

·
Registered
591 Posts
I saw an Fx once a a haunted house a crate like that all covered up with little peekholes in it inside was a dim light very dim with a shape in it and there was some kind of motion sensor so when you got close to the peekholes all hell would break loose inside the crate sound,lights,banging.scared more than a few people and everyone wondered what was in there.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You could use it as walls if you have a walk through type haunt. Distress it add lights and webbing and have an actor behind it following or running up at the tot's.

I have used a torch to distress new wood works great. Just have water nearby just in case. Did this on my pirate crosses.

-Slyder

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I agree. It's perfect for a cage or containment item. Weather it up and place someone or something inside. Motion activated or an actual actor. Live actors usually work best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts