Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have my yard sale coffin but now am not sure what all to do to it.
It is a classic toe pincher coffin made out of plywood and the frame is 1X1s I think. It is 6 feet and has no lid and is just raw wood, does not appear to be stained. I am guessing making the lid would be simple enough, just lay the coffin face down on a piece of plywood and trace it, cut it out and put some hinges on, but if anyone has ideas/pictures to give me ideas then that would be great. Easy is better as far as the ideas go. I haven't the slightest clue about nuematics (I don't think I can even spell it) so don't give me ideas about that, it will just boggle my brain. Thanks for all the help and support.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
You could just put a skeleton (or dead zombie) in it, add some cobwebs and lean it up against the wall by your door as a static prop. Or if you cut a lid for it, just attach the lid and wrap some chains around it (again simple static prop).

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You could cut a small hole in one of the sides, then pump in fog from a fog chiller. Have a green flood light inside and you will have a cool effect. The coffin will contain the cool fog for awhile. If you want to prop up a skeleton inside, that will provide some visual interest between fog bursts.

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts