Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm just wondering what you all do to cover your garage doors? Last year I bought photography back drops and taped them on, they were a huge hit, the parents loved taking photos of their kids in front of them. I am changing it up a little having bought new scenes for this year. I was hoping to have pillars to cover the brick work this year, but I have run out of time.

What do you guys do?

Garage door 2017.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
That looks really cool. Pillars would be a nice touch but it looks great as is. I have a single double-wide door and I block it off with plywood to create a large "window" of sorts, cover it with shower curtains from the inside and then play a projection from AtmosFX. This year will be a couple of scenes from Eerie Eyes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think it is an actual background made of thin vinyl. If you just google "Photography background for Halloween" you will find lots of them. For a 10' x 10' garage door they are about $35.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can just hit the bricks with a couple blue lights to make them look closer to a blue/grey look. You may find it easier than building and storing the stone columns in the long run! It won't be perfect, but it's all about the imagination on Halloween, right?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Some of us actually spend hours making our house look like it's covered in stone and brick instead of wood siding. You can take advantage of the brick if you go venturing out on the net. There are so many places that use brick walls for their haunts. Lighting and ambiance will keep it looking very much a Halloween backdrop without a great deal of effort. (At least that's what we would do. If you think it needs pillars, then that's really what it needs. hahaha.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure what you mean. It's not a backdrop per se, just a couple vinyl shower curtain liners that serve as a movie screen for the videos that are projected from inside the garage.
Sorry I should have used quotations, I was answering the opening post. You get photography backdrops made of paper, cotton or vinyl around here and I think only the vinyl ones couls be used outside, that's why I asked. But tthanks for the explanation anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it is an actual background made of thin vinyl. If you just google "Photography background for Halloween" you will find lots of them. For a 10' x 10' garage door they are about $35.
Thank you , I really found some nice and affordable ones. Sadly they will never arrive in time for Halloween so I will keep this in mind for next year.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I do the AtmosfearFX with projectors. I built a simple frame and stapled 2 pieces of 6mil poly for the “curtain”. 1 each for each Garage door and gives 9x8 viewing in each one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I always hated my garage doors showing during Halloween! Then seeing Eerie Acres on YT, his solution to this was the bomb so I stole it for myself!

Halloween 2017 (3).jpg Halloween 2017 (4).jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts