Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we went to the Spirit store yesterday and decided to pick up two sets of clown head lawn stakes because they were better than the current lawn stakes we have and the other set they had in the store.

The problem is that we've never done a theme before, and I'm worried the clown stakes will stand out too much. After turning down the idea of doing a clown theme because we have literally no other clown props, I thought maybe we could just have one little clown display in the front of our house with the help of dressing up our poseable skeleton as a clown. But I'm just worried about how it would look and where everything else that usually goes outside will go because of it. Plus I was planning on putting out our new Harvester prop in the area I'm now considering doing a clown display.

The stuff the clown heads would be mixed in with if we don't do a theme/display is regular haunted house stuff like tombstones, ghouls and pumpkin props.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with doing a couple of outdoor scenes if you wanted to create a space for a clown area. Maybe have your regular haunt stuff all around, but keep a space by your front door or under a window as a clown space, and use the clown lights to sort of rope it off. Then do a small display there. Or, if you don't want to incorporate it like that, what about creating some kind of clown tombstone that incorporates the lawn stakes around it? Possibly a raised tomb with the lid sliding off, revealing a skeleton with a clown wig or face inside? Then put the stakes around that tomb...

Another idea is putting some window boxes onto the front of your house and putting a set of the clown lawn stakes in each one. Then tape red & white striped plastic tablecloths to the inside of your windows to look like a circus tent. Leave the inside lights on so that your house looks sort of circus-y as you walk towards it. You could always continue to add more clown props each year to really make them fit in.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I bought the eyeballs this year, changed them to be lighted by C7 bulbs (removed the leds and drill 1" holes ) and will use them to light up my steps, stakes sticking into sand inside the cheap pumpkin buckets. I have done this in the past with lighted skulls staked into sand in small cauldrons on my steps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts