Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a shredder in the trash today which is not repairable as a shredder so I was wondering if anyone has thoughts about what the assembly could be used for. If nothing else, I can strip it down to components, which I will probably have to do anyway to get the blades off.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
I will be interested to see what rpm the motor is. There is tons of gears in that picture. I am going to assume that it has a pretty high rpm.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking it is high RPM as well. The motor shaft has a spiral gear on it. Unfortunately I cannot test it right now, as the previous owner cut the cord off and the info I can get off the motor is not turning up any results except the shredder itself.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Does it look like you might be able to keep the gears intact and be able to take the shredding blades off so you can use it geared down? It would be great to keep the shaft coming out to the shredder part intact as well. I took one of these apart one time and I can't remember if it came apart as one piece or not. I would have to guess I personally couldn't salvage it, because I don't throw away anything I might be able to use. :confused:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blades are off, so now I have two sets of counter-rotating shafts.

One neat effect to do in the future would be cover the shafts with foam, bury the unit with a deep hole beneath and make a tombstone rise out of the earth. I don't have a yard to dig holes in though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts