Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this 1/2 mannequin that I have no idea what to do with. Last year I sat it in a chair in clothes. So it just looked like an headless guy. It was boring.

Does anyone have a better idea of what I could maybe do with it? The arms stay behind its back. I can move them forwards if it has a shirt on it.

Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Attachments

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,817 Posts
Hmmm... Any yard space? Because I could see placing it on the ground, piling some mulch around the base and then draping some cheesecloth over it with some glow hair spray applied. Instant headless ghost caught in the act of rising from its grave. Bonus if you could rig up a skull or ghost head in there. I'd also see about spraying the body with washable white paint but test an area to see if it will wash off easily.

If you're willing to go gory, I'd wrap it in clear plastic with some splatters of blood (lay out a large sheet of clear plastic, weight down with bricks, and spatter red paint then let it dry). Could use a dollar store painter's drop cloth (they are a filmy clear plastic). Bonus would be to wrap some large chain around the chest to make it look as if the arms are chained to the back.

I have a headless mannequin, but I provided a head for him, so you may want to consider the same. Could suspend the figure with super strong high test fishing line so he is the right level as if he had legs (or find a way to stand him up - nice table that could be camouflaged?), then dress him in a costume, and place a mannequin head (I see these all the time for free - the ones hairdressers use, or else the cheap foam ones). Mine is dressed as a clown so his head has a clown mask on and he's carrying it in one of his hands. Since your arms can't be in the front (that would have been perfect to arrange for the head being held). I'd either have the head "floating" - again, fishing line and around the area it would be if the head was attached) or else laying nearby with proper lighting to highlight it. Or get a talking skull that triggers?

He also could be sitting down and have his head in his lap.

Would be really cool tho if you could find or make a simple straightjacket and just bloody up the neck hole and lower part of the body...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Go to Sally beauty and get a styro wig head. Paint the head black ( latex unless you want the melted look). Make a hood\drape from black cloth or even landscape fabric. Drill holes from the eyes of the foam head to the back and wire up some 9V led in the eye sockets. Put a screw eye in the back of the neck as high as it will go and hang it by wire from a tree or a heavy shepherd crook or your porch roof.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW guys, Thank you so much. All these ideas are awesome. I am definitely liking the headless ghost idea. And also the headless clown.

I am cleaning and getting rid of items I'm not happy with and this was on the list. Now I think I will be keeping it LOL

This is why I love this forum. People have fabulous ideas no matter the item.

Allso Kwll, I found this on Facebook Marketplace for $15 . Maybe check there. I snagged it quick at that price.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you lift the arms above his “head” ? Could be hung by the wrists as a hanging torso. You could also make some PVC legs and have him bound in a chair. Add a foam wig head with a pillowcase over it and you’ve got the perfect victim. Don’t even need a face. :rolleyes:
The arms are magnetized and they have one little knobby that is steel/metal that has to go in a little hole. I was able to put them in front last year because I put a shirt on it and had the arms resting on its legs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 3 of those and use them every year. I glued a head on them. Redrilled a hole for the arms to be in a different position. Then dress them up as Reapers or Clowns. Just stuff the side that doesn't have a leg and put a boot in it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
E2D5629E-BC4F-449A-94FB-0FDC3ED596CB.jpg i think i’ll put a mask on this guy and drape some black material on his body. he’ll be standing at the bottom of the stairs. i’m sure the kids will think that a real person is standing there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 3 of those and use them every year. I glued a head on them. Redrilled a hole for the arms to be in a different position. Then dress them up as Reapers or Clowns. Just stuff the side that doesn't have a leg and put a boot in it.
Thats a good idea. I never thought about re-drilling the hole.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ohh this is perfect! Thanks for sharing this idea. I have a sewing mannequin form, already on a stand base. I did not want to ruin it by getting it dirty or bloody, so this will work perfect for it!

(tried to reply to the post showing the headless mannequin in the nightgown! LOL)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Northridge Halloween Store

Don’t worry get perfect ideas or create your own unique themes by combining the stuff available at Glendale Halloween Store. They have a lot of variety of costume, decoration, accessories and makeup in their selection. So, no need to throw it just blend your imaginations with the right stuff from this store and you are done.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
What is your theme? Can it be taken off if he stand? Can the arms be removed? For graveyard, go with the headless ghost idea. For carnival/freak show, temporarily attach a doll head to the neck, for a human pinhead look. If the stand and arms can be removed, for cannibal, or something, get a picnic table, and another. Aroindvthr picnic table, lay the arms and torso out on the other table, spatter all of your parts in blood, and buy. a fake head, legs, and hands, if there are none, and put blood on those on parts. Basically a cannibal or zombie BBQ scene.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts