Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red wine stains everything, right? I mean, you spill it on your favorite shirt and it'll never come out no matter how many times you wash it, right? Okay, swell. So I buy this Doctor's lab coat for the big day to play a mad scientist in. But it's too white and I figure it needs a few blood stains. So I open a bottle of Merlot and make creative splatters and even hand prints all over the thing. It looks great. I let it dry in the sun. Swell. So I throw it in the wash to give it that lived in look and guess what? Every drop of wine comes out. The coat is whiter that when I put it in the washer.

How is that even possible?

·
Registered
149 Posts
You must have gotten the model of washer that has the hidden Wine-Out feature. Congratulations!

If you got a real lab coat, some of them are made of a stain resistant material, which is quite handy when you need it because of all the stuff that real laboratory people have contact with and sometimes spill. I have several work shirts that I haven't been able to stain thanks to that glorious stain resistant material.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
A couple of years ago, I bought a cheap 1980s wedding gown for my skeleton bride. Like you said, it was just too clean and new looking. Tried my best to dirty it up but that polyester just would not stain! Thankfully, I didn't waste a good merlot on it, just mud and graveyard dirt. ;)

Reactions: MsMeeple

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Yeah, the problem here is that you actually WANT the coat to stain.

Now you have to fool the gods of irony into believing you want that lab coat white, spotless and pristine. Once accomplished, it will take stains like a magnet.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y'know, Ugly Joe...you got a point. And fortunately, Madam Leota (being a Haunted Mansion fan, by the way, I love the name) it wasn't good Merlot. It was the cheapest swill I could find at Walmart. You know, the kind you drink straight from the bottle while nursing a broken heart? I figured if anything would stain everything - including your heart - this stuff would do it. Oh, curse you fabric technology!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts