Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a heck of a time deciding what to dress my toddler as for Halloween. There are a limited number of years that I get to pick her costume, and then I'm sure I'm in for years of Disney Princesses and Monster High (shudder). So here's what I'm thinking about right now: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412008936.454346.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412008955.453999.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412008902.338103.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412008999.205487.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412009012.953754.jpg

She loves owls and skeletons, so I thought about those first. But then, all of these other ones are so cute!

Or maybe she should just wear what she wore to Comic Con?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412009080.787571.jpg

Lol, I know this is silly, but what would you pick?

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Get her a Jack O' Lantern suit, you can't go wrong...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
So cute! There are so many choices out there! Last year my DD was 2 and I dressed her as a sweet little gnome. Mostly because I found an awesome costume on clearance after Halloween the year before! LOL!

This year, it's my son's first Halloween, even though he'll be almost a year old. Although my daughter probably has her own opinion about what to be, I'm gonna be bossy mommy this year (again) and coordinate her with her brother. I also figure I don't have very long until the kids won't let me pick their costumes out, so I'm taking advantage!

If a lot of your friends/family haven't seen her in her Wonder Woman costume, I'd go with that since you already have it & it's adorable. Or, if you are dressing up, pick something that coordinates with your costume. Otherwise, you really can't go wrong with any costume choice
. :D

·
Ghouls Rule
2,616 Posts
I concur with jack o lantern, thats really hard to pull off when your older. I do love little red riding hood, but most of those you can do when more independent.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What she can do when she's older and what she will do when she's older are two different things. I learned that from my six year old. I certainly get no say in his costume anymore, except my nothing racist rule, lol.
Since this might be the last year I get to pick what she wears, I want to pick something I actually like. I'm not feeling a jack o lantern costume, I'm afraid.
But that hellraiser costume is epic.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love the Wonder Woman costume. It's amazingly adorable.

Ever since I saw this mom and toddler dressed up as Rainbow Brite and Twink, I've thought it was just amazing and have been passing it around as much as I can -- http://pinksuedeshoe.com/2011/10/20/twink-costume-tutorial/

It's an amazing costume set, but it may be more work than you want to do. ^_^

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,985 Posts
I gotta say, I really do love the WW costume.

In fact there's a big story about her origins in Smithsonian Magazine this month. For those that don't know a man created WW. Great read.

The Surprising Origin Story of Wonder Woman

·
Registered
90 Posts
She is ADORABLE!!! The Wonder Woman costume is just too cute. If you want something different and she really likes owls, I would say follow that idea. Its something cute, that she likes, and not something you would really be able to dress her as easily when she gets bigger.

In my house we also have a "theme" so to speak for Halloween. Thank the Halloween Gods this year my daughter picked monsters!!! And we already have next years theme so I can start working on - Wizard of Oz.

Whatever you pick is going to be perfect. Have fun with her!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel your pain, but fear not. Even when they enter the princess phase, you can still do a little prodding and guiding. For instance, when my oldest was 3, she wanted to be *yawn* a princess. Since a plain old princess wasn't going to fly with me, I suggested she be a queen...more specifically, Marie Antoinette. What kid wouldn't love a big Victorian dress and tall, white wig. Plus, it offered a great opportunity to work in a little history lesson. This year (now 5), she wanted to be Elsa *double yawn*, but upon learning that every other girl her age would no doubt be the same thing, she has since decided to be a ghost princess. What works for me, at least, is trying to stick close to what the kid wants to be, but nudging them in a more creative direction. IMG_0843.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Count Chocula, that is way to COOL and makes me wish my two rowdy teenagers , were small again . Did they happen to have that in a size 42 waist?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts