Halloween Forum banner

I was interested to see if others get some of the same questions we do on Halloween?

• How long have you been decorating like this?

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • When do you start decorating?

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • How long does it take you to put it all up?

Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Where do you store it all?

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • How did you make that _______?

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • How many kids do you get?

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • What do you do for Christmas?

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 20.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halloween is a family affair for us. We always talk after Halloween about the questions we seem to get a lot. Love that people are interested so I was curious to see if others get some of the same questions we do. This often leads to some creative answers to these typical questions when you feel like having a little fun.

I left it so you can select multiples if you feel like there is more than one you get all the time.

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
Surprisingly, I always have my party guests say to me, "Wow, if this is what you do for Halloween I'd love to see what you do for Christmas." Why do people assume you have to do more for Christmas? Actually, my xmas decor is very low keyed (I'm too tired from Halloween lol.)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Surprisingly, I always have my party guests say to me, "Wow, if this is what you do for Halloween I'd love to see what you do for Christmas." Why do people assume you have to do more for Christmas? Actually, my xmas decor is very low keyed (I'm too tired from Halloween lol.)
Couldn't agree more. We love Christmas but as far as decorating, no. It's time to relax so the outdoor stuff is minimal.

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I do get the question about where I store everything. I also get the question of why I don't decorate like this for Christmas.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Nothing more disappointing than the Christmas question, and that's what I seem to get the most. It usually goes like this: "Wow! This is really cool! You really outdid yourself! This is the best house we've seen tonight!" and then, "I can't wait to see what you do for Christmas!" My answer: "Um, I might put up a tree". Shock. Confusion. I love this part.
Actually, I do more than put up a tree, but I have to defend my favorite holiday, don't I? ;)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The question I seem to get the most is "How much did all this stuff cost you?" I'll admit I have spent quite a bit over the years but it's my hobby. I typically don't buy a whole lot the month of October, mostly smaller items I'm stocking up on that I can't find over the winter to work on crafts or props. Because it's my hobby I shop the after sales and online all winter long. I agree it's a really odd question but it's not nearly as much as people think since I'm an avid sale shopper. I do get the same response as Tannasgach about Christmas too. I used to go all out for Christmas years ago but the tree and a little garland is about all I do now. Too busy at work and too cold in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The question I seem to get the most is "How much did all this stuff cost you?" I'll admit I have spent quite a bit over the years but it's my hobby. I typically don't buy a whole lot the month of October, mostly smaller items I'm stocking up on that I can't find over the winter to work on crafts or props. Because it's my hobby I shop the after sales and online all winter long. I agree it's a really odd question but it's not nearly as much as people think since I'm an avid sale shopper. I do get the same response as Tannasgach about Christmas too. I used to go all out for Christmas years ago but the tree and a little garland is about all I do now. Too busy at work and too cold in my neck of the woods.
How much is a good question - Missed that one. I do get that also and a lot of times I will show people that something has been made rather than store bought. We also find people will give us stuff as they no longer want to decorate but love seeing new life in their old stuff.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing more disappointing than the Christmas question, and that's what I seem to get the most. It usually goes like this: "Wow! This is really cool! You really outdid yourself! This is the best house we've seen tonight!" and then, "I can't wait to see what you do for Christmas!" My answer: "Um, I might put up a tree". Shock. Confusion. I love this part.
Actually, I do more than put up a tree, but I have to defend my favorite holiday, don't I? ;)
I find I am always a little disappointed too and I often say "Absolutely Nothing, Are you kidding we're still recovering from this come Christmas" and then as you said silence. I usually tell them at that point we don't hate Christmas or anything and then they wander off looking confused...LOL

·
Typing Away
3,496 Posts
"Wow, if this is what you do for Halloween I'd love to see what you do for Christmas." Why do people assume you have to do more for Christmas? Actually, my xmas decor is very low keyed (I'm too tired from Halloween lol.)
Same here when people ask me that I tell them I do Halloween and my neighbor does Xmas and they have slow down now on it.
The most asked question for me is where do you store all of it.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
I get asked where I get all the decorations and how much it all cost me, I Make and or modify every thing in my haunt, so even though I have spent a pretty good amount over the years the cost isn't any where near what it would take to flat out buy everything for a cemetery like mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been a Halloween freak for 50 years, and after my kids left for college I lightened up the yard haunt. But in 2004, I was blessed with the coolest grandson ever, so I now go all out with my haunt- thanks to my grand-buddy's help & encouragement. I have heard almost every one of those questions, but the most common one that the adults ask me is-" Where do you store it all? " I just tell them it all breaks down and fits into the garage. But secretly, I have a Monster room in my house where all the life sized creatures stay- year round :)

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
Nowadays I am not sure if it is a question or a statement but I still get asked "Trick or Treat?" more than anything else.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't do a yard haunt, but I always have a huge party. My guests always say, "This is AMAZING! Did you decorate all month for this?"

I usually say something along the lines of, "All month? Don' t be ridiculous. ---- I've been getting ready since November." That's usually met with giggles and "I bet!"

I do get a handful of people who say, "Wow, what do you do for Christmas?!" and my response is always something sarcastic like, "Take down my Halloween decorations," or something to that effect. I've had people tell me I am "gothic" for my love of Halloween, but I was born on November 1st and I feel like since I was making my way in to the world on the greatest of holidays that it's in my blood :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
I chose "other" in the poll because the #1 question I get is always "how much money do you have tied up in this stuff?". Then I usually get asked the same questions as others - where did you get it, where do you keep it?. But the $$$ question is the most asked.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts