Halloween Forum banner
261 - 280 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I finally finished my giant spider, after countless setbacks and having to redo the head a few times... I have a cheap black light on him right now and will hopefully be able to upgrade that next year, so please forgive the night picture quality. I had to mess around with the settings to try to get it to look like it actually does. Looks better in person as all the fur fringe lights up bright white at night (and everything else is also lit despite how it looks).

I still have a few details to add and have to hide the rebar stand, but it's up!

Window Plant Property Building Sky
Purple Christmas decoration Fun Art Magenta

·
Registered
325 Posts
I finally finished my giant spider, after countless setbacks and having to redo the head a few times... I have a cheap black light on him right now and will hopefully be able to upgrade that next year, so please forgive the night picture quality. I had to mess around with the settings to try to get it to look like it actually does. Looks better in person as all the fur fringe lights up bright white at night (and everything else is also lit despite how it looks).

I still have a few details to add and have to hide the rebar stand, but it's up!

View attachment 754213 View attachment 754214
He looks awesome! Well worth the effort. LOVE the white fur with the black light.

Also - noticed you use the same fence I've used for many years. My project this year was to make one to replace it, along with a gate and columns. I'm behind.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I’m am sooooo behind this year.

Just finding time to get things tested is non-existing. And when I do, it’s torrential down pour. Ugh.

At least we got the invitations out for our annual party, and the responses are steaming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
He looks awesome! Well worth the effort. LOVE the white fur with the black light.

Also - noticed you use the same fence I've used for many years. My project this year was to make one to replace it, along with a gate and columns. I'm behind.
Thanks!

On the fence, since mine is more haunted garden than cemetery, it luckily fits my theme--so one less upgrade I have to worry about for quite some time at least. Hope your fence project moves swiftly, it's big job!

·
Registered
325 Posts
At least 2 weeks later than I wanted, but making more progress on the columns. Frames complete, foam secured on 3 sides, first coat of sparkle, tops are assembled, and the cleats are glued to the removable back panel.

They are upside down here, to make sure the panels are plumb to the top when attaching to the frame.

Building Road surface Wood Floor Wall

·
Registered
696 Posts
I wound up doing repairs from high wind damage. My fence is heavy and 48 feet long, yet the wind was blowing it 10 feet across the yard. It's also finding a way to blow over tombstones with 30-pound bases. I'm not quite sure how.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wound up doing repairs from high wind damage. My fence is heavy and 48 feet long, yet the wind was blowing it 10 feet across the yard. It's also finding a way to blow over tombstones with 30-pound bases. I'm not quite sure how.
That's the worst. And I thought I had wind problems! I use a few of these ground anchors with heavy duty fishing line for some of the more problem pieces. Maybe something like that could help in a few places?

Good luck.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I felt like I worked the better part of the day....and still didn't get as much done as I wanted. The rain and humidity here is making anything that needs to cure/dry take FOREVER. Construction adhesive is taking 2 days to cure, vinyl spackling 24 hours....and I'm usually not patient when it come to projects... lol.

I did get first coats on all of my fence panels, gate, and part of the posts. Then I ran out of paint. Love using the cordless airless sprayer, but as others have shared their wisdom - paint before you assemble, otherwise you go through a LOT of paint. I opted for an off black, going for more of a cast iron look. I have future plans to age adding some rust areas, etc - but that might wait until next year.

Also got the last spackle coat on my columns sanded and did another round on some remaining spots. Didn't help that one of the times I set down the orbital sander something stuck to the sandpaper and it make a nice swirling groove on the foam... Also used the dremel and a couple of different bits on some scrap foam to confirm the game plan for carving the foam.

Plant Tree Fence Grass Landscape

Plant Building Property Window Land lot

·
Registered
89 Posts
Last year the wind broke a number of gravestones, and Real Life (tm) has intervened this year, so I'm just repairing/repainting the stones, fixing the chillers, waterproofing my skeleton Bird Girl and Hooded Goblin, and building a cover for my lightning flood.

261 - 280 of 301 Posts