Halloween Forum banner
241 - 260 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Its absolutely amazing I got anything done, let alone the amount of shhiitt I actually accomplished after being up since 4am for work and finally getting out at 430pm.. Halloween is a hell of a drug! Was super inspired after coming across Gatorman's how to post the other day and realized although I probably have too many small projects going on, I have no big prop project on the agenda this year. So Im trying my hand at rot's pumpkin sentinel... all while by the campfire
Light Nature Cloud Black Sky
Wood Art Tints and shades Twig Event
White Black Bone Skeleton Rib

·
Registered
86 Posts
I haven't taken the pics yet but I'm Derecho-proofing (its an Iowa joke for strong winds) my stones by gorilla gluing steel bends on the back and screwing them in...I use mdf board for my stones currently. Also had a 12-outlet powerbar come in today for my Horsemans Hollow (Spookytown)
Foam is notoriously good at not being very good as something to secure things to. If you find that your winds pull the steel bands out of the foam, you might try attaching a 1x3 inch board to the back using the Gorilla glue, and mount the steel bands to that. The increased surface area of a stronger medium than foam should help keep things from pulling out. We love our foam tombstones, but everyone of them has wood glued to some part of them that is where they are actually staked. Foam may look like stone when you're done painting, but it sure doesn't act like it out in windy graveyard. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Weather wasn't conducive to being able to working in the driveway - so didn't get painting done or anything cut that was reserved for the table saw - but I did get the gate toppers on my cemetery gates and the framing for my entrance pillars done (these get mounted on top of a 2x4 base covered in ply, and I'll need to add some internal bracing for the PVC that will slip over rebar). Worked in cramped quarters for a bit under the protection of the garage roof overhang while it rained to make more progress.

Wood Road surface Fence Rectangle Symmetry

Wood Architecture Line Wall Symmetry

Plant Tree Wood Gas Landscape

Wood Composite material Natural material Gas Rectangle

·
Registered
524 Posts
...worked on ALL of them.

Got few done..

Had the cousins family over and the girls worked on the skeleton sentries while I worked on pulling more stuff out of storage and assessing what works and what gets cannibalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Weather wasn't conducive to being able to working in the driveway - so didn't get painting done or anything cut that was reserved for the table saw - but I did get the gate toppers on my cemetery gates and the framing for my entrance pillars done (these get mounted on top of a 2x4 base covered in ply, and I'll need to add some internal bracing for the PVC that will slip over rebar). Worked in cramped quarters for a bit under the protection of the garage roof overhang while it rained to make more progress.

View attachment 753831

View attachment 753832

View attachment 753833

View attachment 753834
Nice kreg pocket holes!

·
Registered
325 Posts
As we get closer, I'm not sure if it's exciting, motivational, or irritating that there are less posts in this thread, and more posts showing off completed setups... lol. I'm still working on trying to get my fence and gate panels painted and my columns built and painted. Need a break in wet weather to finish cutting the foam for the columns.

After many tweaks on the framing to accommodate various things - like mounting a light, supports to attach the hinges for the gate to, a way to remove the back panel, etc., I think the framing if finalized. Confirmed the light mounting solution will work today, so I'll share that -

Wood Gas Fixture Composite material Natural material

241 - 260 of 301 Posts