Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im almost done with some home replairs and will be starting soon. Since I gave away all my tombstones to some stranger I will start on some new ones first. The plan is to find a font or two on line to download and make stencils of them, both upper and lower case and numbers.

What are you working of for this year? Post pictures if you have any.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Like you, I'm going to be working on tombstones this year. I'm not to worried about the font, because with my skill level, it will turn out looking the same anyway. The problem I had with the old ones is that they stuck to each other during storage, and when we separated them they were missing big chunks. Any idea how to store them without them sticking together?

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
Started working on a giant Pumpkin king with a pumpkin soul in his rib cage, animated. He will be surrounded by small evil jack o lanterns that have carved human heads into Jack o lanterns, I will also have squashlings running around and an animated pumpkin telling the story. It is based off a custom poem I wrote.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I have had to shovel snow every other day for several months now. We have never, ever had this much snow before. I had one pleasant inside day of sketching, and now we need a new main furnace. Installing a new furnace with 3 feet of snow piled up everywhere and extremely low temperatures will not be "fun".
Yesterday we finally had some much warmer temperatures and the melting began.
The drain pipe for the main sump pump is frozen? No, maybe not, the water dripping from the old loose fitting is coming from outside the house, running backwards toward the sump pump?
Through all of this I have managed to almost get done building a scale model of a project I plan to do soon. It has several moving parts and has to work very well, so the scale working model will be proving measurements when the work begins.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
My plans include going totally creature crazy with builds if/when this house move ever ends (we're in month... seven?). First and foremost, my pack of wolves Will. Get. Done. I know I said that last year, but in my defense, some times real life actually is more important than Halloween. I'm also hoping to build enough faux taxidermy moments for my own zoo: phoenix, cockatrice, rooks, and a whole bunch of rats.

Somewhere along the line I should be building an homage to The Cask of Amontillado, finishing some tombstones I started ages ago, overhauling my graveyard, replacing all my mannequins with scratch built versions, and enough other projects to ensure that if I dropped everything in my real life right now I might be ready in time for Halloween 2024.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have boxes and bins full of bones, body parts and other prop making supplies. I need to make time to start building some props. My plan is not to make any major purchases this year and start using up the stuff I have had stored for years.

Eric

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
I'll likely get started in July or August. Depends on 1. If I feel like it 2. If I sell some cars to make room to build stuff, or 3. We build the garage we've been talking about and make room to build stuff, and finally 4. If I feel like it.

Q: If a house is really haunted, why would you need to build props for it?

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Does anyone know of a "safe" way to make sparks fly out at the guests when the hellevator drops?
Hehe..... good one. I almost believed you for a second there.

:eek:

·
Registered
265 Posts
First on my list is to build entrance columns for our cemetery. I'm following the tut from MacabreRob (here's a link: http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/102725-cemetery-entrance-columns.html). I'll post pics when I'm done.

Next on the list is a fence to go with the columns.

Then, if time permits, I'd like to build a shiatsu grave grabber and animate my toe pincher coffin so the lid raises and lowers (I just got the wiper motor from Monster Guts yesterday). I'd also like to make at least one tombstone but we'll see. ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I am building two corner posts and a gate for the fence around the haunt. I am going with a wrought iron design. Then I would like to add a couple of animated props. Maybe a grave popper or a moving tombstone.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I really have no clue as to what I will finally end up building....just too many cool ideas running through my head and none of them are little....the theme for this year seems to be monster mud. And then if I follow through, I have to decide if I am just going to surrender and leave them up all year long. Because if I build them, I sure as hell won't want to take them apart to try and store them.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have so much on my agenda- I have already started. I don't know how to do pneumatic stuff, so everything is static for me. BUT- The big news is that for the first time I am heavily involved with the elementary school's haunted house- AND we've been given a HUGE room to do it in... so now my wheels are really turning.

I guess you could say the Haunted House is the one big prop I am working on---- with dozens of projects to go into the entire thing. SUPER EXCITED because everything about the HH is new this year... whole new theme, a bunch of new props, and a new and improved location.

I also have 3 shiatsu massagers I have picked up and never done anything with--- I am FOR SURE getting them turned into moving props this year! They will go in the cemetery.

haunted house progress 2014 floorplan 1.jpg

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Started working on a giant Pumpkin king with a pumpkin soul in his rib cage, animated. He will be surrounded by small evil jack o lanterns that have carved human heads into Jack o lanterns, I will also have squashlings running around and an animated pumpkin telling the story. It is based off a custom poem I wrote.
Can't wait to see this. Sounds like a work of art and pleasssee share your poem :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts