Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Once again Universal gives us the shaft and doesn’t give us Island Of Lost Souls or any other classics they are sitting on and Warners skips on The Beast With Five Fingers again but there are still plenty of goodies to be had this fall. So, what are you getting?

Myself I’ll be picking up…

Night Of The Creeps Special Edition
The Gate Special Edition
Karloff & Lugosi Horror Classics Box Set
Drag Me To Hell
The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto
Trick R’ Treat

·
Registered
320 Posts
Don't forget we are still waiting for THE CAT AND CANARY from 1939..

My problem is my movie collection is pretty solid...I'll probably only get something if one of the old VHS movies breaks...so DORIAN GREY might be in line...but other then that??? Wait and see, wait and see...

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't forget we are still waiting for THE CAT AND CANARY from 1939..

My problem is my movie collection is pretty solid...I'll probably only get something if one of the old VHS movies breaks...so DORIAN GREY might be in line...but other then that??? Wait and see, wait and see...

Yes, that's another film I wish would make it to dvd. I have never had a chance to see it but I love Ghost Breakers. I keep hoping Universal will release Island Of Lost Souls along with all the other Paramount horrors they own in one set.

Not many classic releases this fall besides the Karloff and Lugosi set but I’m glad to be able to pick up two 80’s gems and some newer stuff as well.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
These, newly released, are fun for tweeners -

They're from the 1970's, a Canadian production with surprisingly good production values. I ordered a few to pass out as Hallowe'en Treats this year. My 10-year-old daughter watched the Grizelda disc, and now wants to keep one of each character for herself. They're right down our alley, check 'em out.

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These, newly released, are fun for tweeners -

Hilarious House of Frightenstein: Grizelda's Eat Drink and Be Scary: Amazon.ca: Billy Van, Vincent Price: DVD

They're from the 1970's, a Canadian production with surprisingly good production values. I ordered a few to pass out as Hallowe'en Treats this year. My 10-year-old daughter watched the Grizelda disc, and now wants to keep one of each character for herself. They're right down our alley, check 'em out.
Rue Morgue ran a cover story on the show one time, if you haven't seen it you might wanna check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts