Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I am turning the garage into a scary movie theater and plan to play a movie as well. What movie should be playing? I was thinking something along the lines of the original 'Night of the Living Dead'.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If this is a backdrop for your haunt, you may not want to play a movie thatis naturally going to have slow, visually uninteresting parts. Instead you might want to run a DVD of monster and Sci Fi movie trailers. I'm planning on doing that in our "overflow" room at our party. People can come and go, there's always something interesting on the screen, but viewers don't have to devote much time to it...
If you do run a movie, NOTLD is a good choice. I'm always partial to the classics, myself...

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
The original Texas Chainsaw massacre - very recognizable.

Night of the Livind Dead - Everything's better with the original! Try it at Christmas, it's fun for whole family!

Some Hammer films with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee are always worth trying, or any Vincent Price flick, especially his Roger Corman films.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just some info...technically the cops can have you turn it off because it is publically showing copyrighted material. Chances are you would be ok, unless you have a jerk for a neighbor, that would call them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
How about Dracula with Bela Lougosi or the old Wolfman movie? Seeing them just gives a nice warm feel to things.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This will be the second year that we will play Nightmare Before Christmas on our upper porch in the front. I LOVE this movie and it's kid friendly.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nightmare on Elm Street 1

I was watching a show about Halloween, and Freddy without makeup looks like Steven Spielberg. Ha, I was shocked.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for you input. I have heard about the Trick or Treat movie, but there will be many kids around, so have to avoid the "adult" content as much as possible. I think I am leaning towards the original Night Of The Living Dead. It should get the point across without all the nudity, profanity, and gore!

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Sorry for being very unimaginative but what about the original Halloween? Don't get much more classic Halloween than that. :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Show the new film TRICK R TREAT.....sopposed to be great...four short stories about Halloween.
This is a great movie. Its actually 4 different stories that all merge together. And i must say well done. Really captures the halloween spirit with its broad vision. I put the pumpkin kid on my list of things to try and recreate.

In regards to what to play though. I think it all depends on your target audience. If under 18, there isnt an entirely large list to pick from. If age isn't an issue, I would consider going with something that isn't very streamlined. One of those B-rated gems comes to mind. Jack Brooks Monster Slayer, Killer Klowns From OuterSpace, Frankenhooker, Undead, Toxic Avenger, and Tokyo Zombie are some that come to mind. If the scenario was that I was throwing an adult party and I wanted to get a little artsy I would shoot for that approach. If was looking to be more nestalgic I would go Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (new one), Shaun of the Dead, Silver Bullet, or Army of Darkness. All great movies that alot of your guests could relate to.

Edit - And then I read your point above about kids being around. So ignore the above portion. ;) How about Simpsons Halloween? You could also go with one of Tim Burtons films.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright I am down to either the original Night of the Living Dead (love the black and white version) or something a bit newer and a bit on the comedy side, Beatle Juice. What do you think?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hammer Films are fantastic! NOTLD is AWESOME, but so is the original THE HAUNTING, but make sure you have a good sound system!

If you want something contemporary, give DRAG ME TO HELL a chance. What a kick in the butt fun, scary film!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts