Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to add some fake blood to a latex mask. Can anyone recommend something please?

Thanks for reading,

·
Registered
963 Posts
You can mix latex and acrylic paint together in a roughly 50/50 ratio. Use a nice dark rich red paint, to start with, then mix it with the latex, and then paint, drip or spatter it on. Allow it to dry thoroughly. If you want this to stick better, clean the mask surface off first with alcohol. Latex exudes a "latex oil" that will act like a release, and make it easier for your paint to rub or peel off. Cleaning this off thoroughly before applying your paint will allow the paint to stick better. And yes, pumpkinpie's use of a polyurethane gloss sealant is an excellent one to give you more of a "wet look". Gloss acrylic medium will add a glossy sheen, too, if you can't get the other stuff.

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonderful! This is why this is the literally best forum I have been to. It has stood the test of time for me for twelve years. I mean that. There is no better message board to go to then this one when searching for data. The folks here are always so pleasant and helpful. Thank you so much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts