Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello !!!!! was wondering if anyone could help me out here, I am trying to find out what type of paint to use that will stick, to paint this 1993 trendmasters pumpkin. It is made out of a hard foam. I like to collect these but often times being 20 plus years old the paint is thrashed on them when I buy them. I would love to be able to re paint it a nice orange, but have no idea where to start. Thanks so much for any help

002.jpg

·
black light queen
2,630 Posts
i'm thinking that if it is foam you don't want to use a paint with solvents as they may dissolve the foam ... so acrylic/water based is what you want

if it is not foam but plastic, then probably any paint will work

you'll probably want to clean the surface before painting ... which should assist in the paint adhering

there are probably others that have more definite recommendations

amk

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I've pretty much moved away from using oil-based paints all together. Between having to buy thinner, fumes, and solvent issues, it's easier to just use acrylics or latex. They'll go on anything, and now more and more paint outfits are coming out high-end acrylics. Tamiya makes great paints in a lot of colors.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I have one very similar to yours and am planning to paint it with acrylics also. Normally I would leave it as is, but this particular pumpkin was battle scarred when I got it and would benefit from a new paint job. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Primer is key when using acrylic paints on plastic or foam. Use a good primer and you should have no issues using water based paints.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts