Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally went to my Spirit store yesterday and was blown away by the inventory, so much new stuff. So what are you hoping to get on our annual scavenger hunt on clearance day sales Nov. 1st at the seasonal stores? I'll have to come back here and post an item because my head is still spinning from all the awesome stuff at Spirits.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I don't have a wish list yet, this will be my first year of taking the day off of work to clean up and shop. I was planning on hitting Homegoods, Target and Walgreens for deals, thinking Spirit and Party City just packed it all up for next year. Do these stores have good sales Nov. 1st?

·
Halloween Elitist
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a wish list yet, this will be my first year of taking the day off of work to clean up and shop. I was planning on hitting Homegoods, Target and Walgreens for deals, thinking Spirit and Party City just packed it all up for next year. Do these stores have good sales Nov. 1st?
The seasonal stores have substantial discounts for a couple of days, Spirit always has 50% off..

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I didn't see anything that was worth 50% off...maybe 50% off 50% off. Now that I've "matured" as a haunter, I don't buy stuff just because it's on sale. Kmart has a couple things, Gordmans too, but not either of the Halloween stores

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Well if I have any halloween funds left, my first item would be Wack A Mole Clown although I doubt he will be leftover. I saw a number of props this year I'd love to add to my dwindling storage space. I'd pick up that silent and scary clown guy. For whatever reason he kind of creeps me out. Love his height too. My mind is so not focused on day-after yet so haven't given a wish list much thought. Oh and I really love that new reaper guy on display. I really, really want the TNT box but don't have the space for the clown that is packaged with it and don't want the clown but it looks like getting the TNT box this year is a moot point, don't think it's available without. Hope they sell it separately next year.

If I had a tree to display it on, I would put the Zombie swing girl on my list. The pumpkin guy is great but I'd find the girl more useful for my haunt. I really like the selection of props this year.

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Forget HomeGoods for day after halloween sales. That's not their sales model. I'm not even sure you will find much halloween come the week of halloween there.

Get to Target early. I think the ones in my area start carting off halloween at midnight! I'm serious. I've gone there the day after and it's a rush to grab anything from the shelf before they put it in the carts destined for the back room. They didn't use to be like that.

Walgreens isn't quite so bad and stuff will be marked down; but while they take forEver to put halloween out, they don't let it languish afterwards. They are quick to make room for Christmas on the Halloween shelves. They seem to find the time for staff to put that out.

Spirit--always a great bet day after for finding something I would love to add to my haunt.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Target has great sales, but I've found there really isn't anything good left at that point. If you see something at Target you want, you'd better get it because it won't be there again! I made that mistake 2 years in a a row! They sold out of a candleabra I wanted and I asked them when they were getting any more and that was a big fat NO. When they run out of items, even if it's September, they will not order more!!! How stupid! :mad:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I ended up getting the Grave Watcher using the 25% coupon. I'd probably pick up the Wacky Mole Clown, Silent and Deadly Clown, or the Zombie Girl and Boy if they have them at that time. Knowing me, though, I won't even make it out to Spirit the day after, so it's all beside the point.

I do usually make it to Target, Kmart and Walmart though, and resin tombstones are top priority at Target. Last year I picked up a stock of strobe lights and chains from Walmart and skulls on hooks at Kmart.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would love to pick up Spirit's 6' Hanging Pumpkin (the $34.99 guy); I haven't seen him in store and I'm wishing he is life size, or close to it..for the price I think I'm getting my hopes up :confused:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Probably just a few candles and other odds and ends. I used my 25% off coupon for stuff I really wanted and people grab all the good stuff up before Halloween. But, if something strikes my fancy I may go for it!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I didn't see anything that was worth 50% off...maybe 50% off 50% off. Now that I've "matured" as a haunter, I don't buy stuff just because it's on sale. Kmart has a couple things, Gordmans too, but not either of the Halloween stores
What kinds of stuff does Gordman's have? I will be in town the weekend of the 28th, and I never even thought of them for Halloween stuff. PM me if you don't want to post it here
HM

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
I am going to try to get poseable skellys this year. I need at least 2, im watching two wal greens the whole month of October and as soon as they go on sale I will buy them. I am also looking for heavier tombstones. I want to get rid of most of my Styrofoam ones, to hard to keep them in the ground with wind. I also love to hit TJ Maxx

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Booswife, did you by any chance see the CVS thread or maybe it was a separate thread but think under General discussion referencing Pose N Stays? CVS online has the skeletons and there was a coupon for 25% off making them essentially the cost of Costco's Pose N Stays? I'll see if I can find the thread or post. I sent it to someone who I know doesn't live near a Costco so should have the info handy.

here it is: see Kelly's post 24 If the Code still works it's a good deal and I believe there's some free shipping going on as well. I just tried the code and it's not working so must have expired. But I'd keep an eye out for sales there as well. The free shipping still applies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will be trying to grab up the craft pumpkins at Target for next years haunt. I love not having to carve the same images twice. Fortunately I have 2 targets to choose from, and in a pinch The Christmas Tree Shoppe, but I don't get a team member discount there.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'd love to get the spell casting witch from Grandin Road on sale. I just did a search for her, and she's not showing up anywhere but in their video section. I wonder if they've already sold out on her!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm going to try to get the Wacky Mole clown too, though based on this thread it looks like that may be a difficult one to snag. Beyond that I'm not going for much at the brick-and-mortar stores. I am setting aside a little money for Halloween Asylum's after-halloween sale, they have a bunch of masks and other stuff that I would love to get my hands on.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I ended up getting the Grave Watcher using the 25% coupon. I'd probably pick up the Wacky Mole Clown, Silent and Deadly Clown, or the Zombie Girl and Boy if they have them at that time. Knowing me, though, I won't even make it out to Spirit the day after, so it's all beside the point.

I do usually make it to Target, Kmart and Walmart though, and resin tombstones are atop priority at Target. Last year I picked up a stock of strobe lights and chains from Walmart and skulls on hooks at Kmart.
I was going to say Grave Watcher, and they also have a smaller butler for $40 that I would pay $20 for.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts