Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lots of props and animatronics, but this year, I think I bought my scariest yet. What is your scariest prop you have in your haunt? Please post vids or pics!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I I have an actual antique embalming table. Table itself is porcelain covered cast iron, and must be 300 to 400 pounds! Crank levers in the base have height and tilt adjustments to direct the flow of "bodily liquids" to flow into the channels and down towards the drain hole at the end. This years annual adults only party will feature this table with an autopsy victim on it. A small pump in the stainless steel run off catch basin will constantly pump the bloody fluids back and forth so audibly it will strike a deep nerve with those viewing it. Then next year I will feature this dried bloody table as the buffet station.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Mine probably are not so scary to you folks here, but the ToTs beg to differ. ;) This guy was our scariest since 2005. He's home-made, although his cloak probably shows that, here!:

But, I picked up two things on clearance that will probably give him a run for his money. Since I haven't had them out on display yet, I can't really decide which is more scary. I also picked up the talking bobble headed witch from Home Depot, but I don't find her especially scary, myself. I guess since the HH is a known legend, the Jack o'lantern man is more scary.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My silly ,small props are not scary at all,but I can create a build up in anticipation to make almost any object that anyone could choose to name-Scary!
I have some photographs of famous, beautiful women that I use in certain ways to make people scared. Some victims to this are haunters who told me:"They have never been scared in a haunted house!".. just before I get them to jump and scream.
Almost everything about Ravens Grin is very unpredictable and unexpected,and I LOVE it this way!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,780 Posts
My silly ,small props are not scary at all,but I can create a build up in anticipation to make almost any object that anyone could choose to name-Scary!
I have some photographs of famous, beautiful women that I use in certain ways to make people scared. Some victims to this are haunters who told me:"They have never been scared in a haunted house!".. just before I get them to jump and scream.
Almost everything about Ravens Grin is very unpredictable and unexpected,and I LOVE it this way!
So Gym.....the most scary thing at the Ravens Grinn in the most positive way ...is you.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,780 Posts
The jumping spider is a good startle scare, the narrowing of the walkway between the cauldron creep and a hanging spider victim, provides the most eerie moments for the TOT's but Uzzaths demonic underworld often has them running out of the garage.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
yep the embalming table would creep me out...anything really old oddity does that to me...love some some not so much, dont want anything attached to it ..lol. i bought a turn of the century wood wheel chair restored at an auction for 25, only cause they started the bid there, not a soul would bid on it...haha...i scared the bejebbers out of my teens, tied a fishing line on it and pulled it when they went through the room....just too easy to not do.. had another buddy, call me telling me they were trying to buy a wicker coffin at an auction they were buying at, it was a viewing coffin used turn of the century.......he was going to buy it for me if it went low knowing id want it sight unseen......i was like wait now...im not really into some of that..itd have to sit in my driveway "airing out"...ok right.... nay nay

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought a lightning controller this year and I'm going to be hooking it up to my home theater system. The boom of the thunder from the bass and the flash of the lightning from my work lights in the trees should make for some great shocks!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hmm... Our jumping spider also gets the most "AHH!" moments, but we also see kids walking far away from some of our stuffed dummies because they are unsure if a person is going to jump up and scare them. Heh heh heh!

It is not our prop, but something we have borrowed from a relative for a few years that scares the heck out of ME is a prop that looks like the girl from the movie The Ring. She's got long black hair, a white dress & she sort of sways back & forth. Not the one that's eating body parts, she just looks out ominously from under her hair. The first year we borrowed her for our yard, we had her in our front room until Halloween night. EVERY SINGLE TIME I came into that room or down the steps in the morning, she would scare the you know what right out of me! She was too person-like for me and generally creeps me out!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,981 Posts
Scary is relative.

Some little one are scared of anything & everything, some older ones are only scared of the "jump" scares that either a person or that spider provides.

For me personally I have a paper mache ToTer, he's a ghost, I got at Target yeeeeaaaarssss ago & it's perfectly toddler sized & I have to turn him to the corner to keep myself from being creeped out by the thing. If you saw him you'd think I was crazy but for some reason I can't have him in that corner-of-the-eye type sightline.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jenn&MattFromPA , similar to this?

DSC02685.jpg

When I built her, I put her in the garage, and every freaking time I went in the garage, she scared the **** out of me, and I am hard to scare, I can't wait to rebuild her!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts