Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this year was clowns, last year was spiders. i am NOT building a tent or other big structure again next year. WHAT A PAIN. and i want to do something CLASSIC!

i was going through what others did this year and saw dr. frankenstein's castle and thought, that's it i might do a lil skit in my carport.

my friend made an excellent head clown and directed people and is a great speaker in front of people. i'm thinking of making him the doctor. my friend phil is huge and lumbering and is VERY creepy in his motions (was a psycho straight jacket clown working the crowd) and would make him igor the loyal and disfigured assistant. i'll be the monster. could adapt the 8.5' tall gargoyle to the monster.

when i sit in that costume it's 6 foot tall. could put a table behind it and straps on the sleeves and legs so it looks like it's standing. then the lever is thrown and i stand to be 8.5 feet tall and head towards the kids! IT"S ALIVE! i'm liking this! oh i think that's what i'll do!

what are YOU gonna do for next year?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
the haunted manor of Roxton Falls , as been rented by WITCHES next year for 2009 :D:D , being a witch myself i was very happy about this ;) , so the witches will be here next year , making candy , and potions , casting spells , telling fortunes and more......

·
Registered
268 Posts
This year we did a historic home tour of an "empty" house that was rumoured to be haunted. Essentially built it out like a real home and then added gore.

Next year, we're going to go with some classic horror and gore....zombies in the graveyard, a Tx chainsaw massacre scene (which he snags someone from the group, really one of our actors), lots of strobe lights and scary noises and the like. Back to basics.

Stacy

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
BatFly, It looks I'm doing just the opposite of you. I did clowns last year and spiders this year. I decided a couple months ago that next year is definitely going to be my Pumpkin Rot year. I will add a few more things but, the ol' PR is going to be the main focus.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
For sure next year we will create the scenes that did not get completed this year!!! I'll beat Jerry over the head to keep him building!!lol I developed a really good story line this year but no one knew it. So...next year I would like to do tours through the house & tell the story & have some live actors......for sure this next year I'm starting way early to find helpers, gonna try a theater group or perhaps the drama club at the local high school & see if I can round up a small group to do something interesting. I felt it this year.....ya know that feeling when you see it on their face......its time to take it to the next level! Of course I saw their faces before they went thru the garage addition we added on this year! lol

This next year is definately about the cemetery & funeral parlor & building of good props that have HANDS!!!! None of my figures have hands!!lol For sure 2009 this funeral parlor is gonna look real, thats my project! Jer will work the cemetery things!

Muf

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
I really want to do a lab,/ Dr. Frankenstein thing. I just need to figure out how to do a very portable, easy to set up lab, being at a campground. I have alot of ideas floating around ,what I want both in the lab and out side the lab, but we will see. I also want to make a very large spider and very large bat (or two) AKA like at Party city, that they had for 99 bucks but I think I can figure out how to do it myself. For MUCH less money, took pics with the phone camera for reference, I also have a great idea on what to do with the bat, no details until I can do it for sure. It'll be fantasitic if I pull it off, need to put hubby to work!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
This was my first year and there wasn't really a theme. I am about to head out and do some sale shopping. I just want to improve some of the displays I threw together this year.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I plan to resurrect last year's theme of "October College of Facial Constructive Surgery on Persistent Vegetative Patients", i.e., a pumpkin carving party. Going to set up the downstairs as an operating room (and Frankenstein lab, of course). I just bought a bunch of the Pumpkin Masters premium carving tools sets (at Safeway at half price), and will lay them out on trays like surgical tools. Pomegranate juice in Platypus bags, et cetera, et cetera.

Since Halloween is on a Saturday in 2009, we are going to do the party on Halloween itself. It is kind of hard to run a haunt and a party at the same time, but it's also hard to have a party the previous week, and then again on Halloween night (with all the folks who come to help haunt, it turns into a party anyway) Probably we'll have most of the party festivities in the early afternoon, then get down to business with the haunting once it gets dark. Hopefully I will have some more of the actor driven scares complete, so people will have something to do during trick or treating, rather than just hanging around in the kitchen.

·
Registered
337 Posts
More booths for the evil carnival.
I had no budget this year and it was the first year for the carnival, so I had to canibalize all of the previous Halloween decorations. I wound up running out of materials to use. Well next year I'll be starting to get ready earlier (like right after Christmas) so I'll be able to buy a little at a time and the wife won't notice. Yeah right.
One of the downsides to being married to a bookeeper. They want to know where every penny went. HaHa.

Finn.

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
I am sticking with the pirate theme as now my house is officially known as the "Pirate ship" house. My plans for next year are to add a dungeon set underneath the deck/bow of the "ship", make both of my cannons shoot compressed air and smoke, add some animatronics to the Ship's Capt. and have him turn the wheel a bit, have a pirate themed audio soundtrack playing and add one more fog machine in the graveyard/shipwreck area.......

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm making a cemetary with BLucky's in the front yard, but the real operation of the haunt will move to the much larger back yard.

I want a better story line, which will be something like, "A toxic spill has caused insects to grow giant size and people to turn into Zombies. Those not infected are captured by the Evil Doctor as test subjects on their organs. Body parts not kept are given to the Mad BBQ'er."

Toxic Spitting Spiders (ToT's may get wet), Toxic Zombies, Autopsy Room, Mad BBQ'er.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts