Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take it that most of us already do the tot thing, just curious to see how many here also do that big Halloween Party, how much effort you put in on both and what you guys spend (I am a bit obsessed over this event)

I personally spend a couple grand per year on cool props and decor (hopefully not as much this year) and about a full week to decorate the inside of my home for that big party. My inventory ranges from 12-15 grand of decor (that is at about 6 years of collecting) :eek:

There is also that half day I decorate the outside (I am carefull that I don't put out too many expensive goods out of fear that someone may steal them).

My guests (adults only) really seem to enjoy my parties and look forward to coming every year. This year will be a first for me to implement a 50/50 raffle draw to partially re-coup my costs at about $5/ticket per person.

I have costume awards with trophies & ribbons as well (the best costume gets a bottle of booze as well)

What do you guys do?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Its hard for me to say. Last year was the first year that I started getting really big into Halloween. This year is when I'm really going all out. Last year I spent about half aday putting outdoor decorations up, and spent an evening getting the inside set up. This year I'm going way bigger. My parents pretty much give me free reign when it comes to decorating, and thier amazed at what I can pull off. I wonder if when I go to college in a year I can come home and decorate for them ;)

We don't have to many people come over for the party, pretty much just family (aunts, uncles, cousins) and a few friends. I do all the decorating inside and out, and my aunt cooks everything and brings it to our house, so that saves on time and money for me. Last year I spent about 150$ on decorations. This year I'v already spent 120$ this past weekend, so its going to be alot more. making things yourself helps save money too. We made a coffin last year that only cost about 20-30 in wood and paint, rather than the 100 you would spend buying one from a store.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts