Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have three goals for this year..
1. be a better package sender.. i think every time i sent something out it had at least one broken item.. even though i thought i had packaged and wrapped enough..
2. become more familiar with my crafting tools ( USE THEM MORE)
3. clean out the items i purchased on a whim and pass them on to members whom can use them..

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,572 Posts
Same as Hilda, finish the half-finished stuff along with:

-Finally put away properly all the Halloween/Christmas stuff. It's all in the storage room but since Christmas just finally got fully taken down today I need to rearrange & purge again.

-Finally get my craft room up & running. My husband got it painted & now he needs to put a craft/art table he got me for Christmas together, get some more storage for it & I'll be in business.

-Rid myself of some of my larger figures. I gotta get them weighed first then I'll post 'em here in the For Sale section. FTR, it should be the GR Spider Lady, Helsa, a Witch whose name escapes me at the moment & an Improvements Rising Vampire. I have pics & everything but I've been 1)busy with Christmas stuff & 2)lazy. Just. Lazy.

- Same as Always Wicked, rid myself of whim purchases & anything else I know I'm not into anymore or stuff I'm just over. You all have that stuff, the stuff you look at & think "WTF was I thinking when I bought 3 glittter foam skulls & all those owl plates?!?! I don't like glitter & I'm not really a big owl fan either, WTF was I thinking?"

I went through a period where if it was on sale I bought it. No matter if it was something I'd use or need, I bought it, especially if it was on sale 75% off or something like that. I have since learned a little more control but I still have stuff I need to get rid of. I have already put some of the little things into the boxes I'll be shipping the figures in, stuff that won't add to the weight, like a little toy or something, but some of the other stuff has just got to go somewhere, whether it's Goodwill or here, it will be purged. I already purged some stuff to Goblinhaus which was great.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Finish this guy

Then finish the other two I started last year

Then do some super secret cool stuff that I won't show anyone until after Halloween so that I have a little bit of glory before someone else runs with the idea and does a helluva lot better job then what I can do

Grow much corn and sunflowers then use jdubbya's method for a fence instead of a maze

·
Registered
74 Posts
This'll be my first year, so... everything. I need to get the basics together: fence, tombstones, a couple of creepy crawlies. I've got scribbled notes on a bunch of static (and some animated) props that likely won't be on the slate for this year, but hopefully next. I do have a bit of backstory in my head, but nothing that'll become evident for years yet.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I'd like to be able to work on at least one Halloween project every month. Not just so I will be ready by Oct., but because I enjoy working on them. Such a great break away from work, taxes, and other issues in life! :)

Purging is on my list as well. We are really out of storage space now.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
I have one grand overriding goal: to get a decent display on the lawn this year. I've been skunked for two years now and I am pissed off at the weather gods!

Beyond that, I want to do a complete turnover of my nearly all my small-to-medium props, including an insane number of animals to taxidermy and mannequins to make. Given that I have a backlog of several years' worth of projects, this goal is ridiculously ambitious, but I do have a new workspace taking form that should help.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
My goal this year should I end up following it, LOL, is to:

1. focus on learning Arduino and using the boards in my haunt set up,
2. buying some foam cutting tools and experimenting,
3. deciding or rather commiting to a haunt theme early enough to then make some facades making use of a giant 5-gallon container of DryLok a super nice haunter in my area donated for free,
4. along those same lines making use of the Foam and Wire Sculpturing workshop I'll be taking at a Techshop to create something wonderful
5. pick up a higher end projector finally
6. finishing some prop ideas I've had in the works
7. come up with some well thought out uses for good projections making use of my Lightblaster projectors (ie Wonderwall-type)
8. basically learning more and getting started earlier.

·
4,484 Posts
My goal this year should I end up following it, LOL, is to:

1. focus on learning Arduino and using the boards in my haunt set up,
2. buying some foam cutting tools and experimenting,
3. deciding or rather commiting to a haunt theme early enough to then make some facades making use of a giant 5-gallon container of DryLok a super nice haunter in my area donated for free,
4. along those same lines making use of the Foam and Wire Sculpturing workshop I'll be taking at a Techshop to create something wonderful
5. pick up a higher end projector finally
6. finishing some prop ideas I've had in the works
7. come up with some well thought out uses for good projections making use of my Lightblaster projectors (ie Wonderwall-type)
8. basically learning more and getting started earlier.
yeah, I think that pretty much covers most of us

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,167 Posts
I'm just hoping to be able to fill the void that will be left by the removal of my corn field this year. I hope to find a source for more stalks, but I can't afford to buy them and my free source from previous years is not growing any this year. Might just do some rearranging of the setup to fill the void, but it's a pretty big area to cover. It made up nearly 1/3 of my display and was one of the things most complimented on.

·
4,484 Posts
I'm just hoping to be able to fill the void that will be left by the removal of my corn field this year. I hope to find a source for more stalks, but I can't afford to buy them and my free source from previous years is not growing any this year. Might just do some rearranging of the setup to fill the void, but it's a pretty big area to cover. It made up nearly 1/3 of my display and was one of the things most complimented on.
well that's a bummer..I love your work with cornstalks. I'm shooting to grow some corn and sunflowers myself for my scarecrows. I used to get mine from the neighbors and they cut back on their gardening

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,167 Posts
well that's a bummer..I love your work with cornstalks. I'm shooting to grow some corn and sunflowers myself for my scarecrows. I used to get mine from the neighbors and they cut back on their gardening
I had suggested to the wife that we could just GROW the corn in place this year, but she wasn't down with that idea. Something about the front yard looking ridiculous with corn growing on one side of it all summer, I wasn't really listening.

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
i have three goals for this year..
1. be a better package sender.. i think every time i sent something out it had at least one broken item.. even though i thought i had packaged and wrapped enough..
You might be overpacking. All packing works precisely because it's meant to fill gaps and be LOOSE so that there is space to absorb a bump on the box. Often, I'll get packages wrapped so tight in bubble wrap as to prevent any breathing room at all, thus any bumps to the box are immediately transferred right to the item. Doesn't matter how many layers of wrapping you put on, it matters how much space the items have to crumple before being jarred.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts