Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some slow periods tonight and these 2parents walk their 3 year old up the driveway and to the garage where we're handing out candy. they are the only ToT group there at the time.
Parent 1: "What do you say?"
Child: "Please give me some candy."
Parent 2: "No, the other thing."
Child: "Oh. Trickertreat."

The little girl was cute as a button, my wife and I were highly amused, and the parents were absolutely mortified.:D
And she said "Thank you." without a prompt for either parent. Best moment of the night.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hahahahaa Good quotes everyone!!!
Mines are;
Parents: "wow! Best decorations around here!"
About my reaper movin' his arm with a lamp: "You must feed that guy under the robe!"
My answer, bah! I think is more dead than alive now
"Hey, and you pay that guy for move the lamp or he just works *here for free??
Children: I made some cookies with bats, ghosts ans zombie fingers shapes. So, a little girl came and ask for candies, I took the cookies plate and ask yelling with a horrible monster voice: you prefer a zombie fingers??? Muahahahaha!!...and she looked at my face with horror face and eyes and said: No, I prefer candies!!! Hahahahaha...Pow! Right in the kisser...
After that, some not to little guys came, and I showed them the cookies too, so then, excited started to take all of them, and I yelled...hey!!! THERE'RE MORE PEOPLE COMING!!!!!...,hahaha what the think!!!! Hahahaha

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Best quote by far: In response to the hillbilly skeletons - "Hey! Good to see the Duck Dynasty guys got what they deserved!"

Other notables: In response to the general ambiance - "Wow! Your house won the decorating contest!" (There is no decorating contest!)

In response to my comment of, "Hey Luigi! Nice costume!" to about a seven year old - "How do YOU know who Luigi is???" (Implying I'm an old fart who has no classic gaming experience...)

In response to the Chauvet Geyser RGB "AWESOME!!!!!" (Shouted at about 187 decibels... From a half-block away...)

When the outhouse door opened right in front of a group of girls - "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

In response to the rocking granny prop - "She's not real!" And then, when granny started rocking - "AAAAAAAAAAHHH! SHE'S REAL!!!"

And finally, in response to the skel dressed as a TOTing SpongeBob SquarePants - "Is that SpongeBob??? It IS SpongeBob!!!"

http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/halloweenscreamqueen-albums-2013-outdoor-decorations.html

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a group of preteen girls tell me that I had the best decorations and the best candy in the neighborhood! Made me feel good! My 4 year old is allergic to chocolate, so the first house she went to, they gave here some candy and she asked, " Do you have any without chocolate? I'm allergic!" my wife said she about died! Had to explain to her to just take what they give you and you can go through it later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a few great ones also...
One kid said...."If you want you can pay me to stay in the garage and scare people!"

Got a few that said 'Coolest house in the neighbourhood" One said...."Best costume ever"..

One kid who was about 12 years old said, "Great house! I really respect you!" Lol...

There was one adorable little girl of about 5 dressed as a princess....all delicate and pretty. I had a platter with my full-size candy bars on it....I gave her one...she took it....then she looked at me, smiled, and quietly put her hand out and took ANOTHER one .....lol I was very shocked!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
A group of college kids rent a house down the street from us. They had even put out some yard decorations. They all showed up around 7:30 and went through the walk through. When they came out, they said ours was better than any o the paid haunted attractions they had gone to this year. They loved it and stayed and visited awhile. We had never met them before but they were great kids and very impressed with our set-up.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
"I scared your monster with my light!"

I was handing out "magic" glow sticks to the scared ones at the entrance, telling them to hold it up high to scare the monsters away. While it was repeated in various versions through the night, that first little girl was quite the relief, as she was practically in tears BEFORE getting the light, now THRILLED, and most importantly it meant Alec was doing his job properly in acting afraid of the glow sticks.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
"I scared your monster with my light!"

I was handing out "magic" glow sticks to the scared ones at the entrance, telling them to hold it up high to scare the monsters away. While it was repeated in various versions through the night, that first little girl was quite the relief, as she was practically in tears BEFORE getting the light, now THRILLED, and most importantly it meant Alec was doing his job properly in acting afraid of the glow sticks.
What a fabulous idea!!! One little TOTer was so scared, she made Dad walk across the street rather than walk past my house. (And my house is DEFINITELY not scary!) She did NOT like the skeletons sitting around the campfire! ~~ I may steal your idea for next year. :)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts