Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I don't know if everyone has one of these in their town but I just rented a movie from redbox. Redbox is a dvdrental box mostly at McDonald's that you can rent for $1. So when I rent movies from the redbox, I don't feel guilty if they aren't the best because hey its a dollar. But tonight I am so blown away that I wasted a whole dollar on a movie I had to start a thread on it.

The worst movie I have ever seen officially now in my life is called The Chill. The acting and special fx was the worst I have ever seen. I only watched around 28 minutes before having to turn it off. The last scene that just had me shocked from how horrible it was had a monster-stalker figure in a parking lot. There is a guy/victim in a car and the monster proceeds to stab him through the car window. Well you don't see practically anything and then the monster pulls away the victims head.....it is a cheap $15 mask.....not even filled with fake styrofoam nothing just the empty mask complete with the eyes and nose cut out.

So now I am interested in what is the worst horror movie you have ever seen and do you have any scenes from the movie that you can tell me? Would love to hear your stories!!!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
It's difficult to pick out anything in particular, although in my 40 odd years of watching horror movies I have sat through some pretty dire stuff.

I think it's interesting though that Horror is probably the only movie genre where a film can achieve cult status based on how bad it is. (i.e Plan 9 from outer space)

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
There's been so many lately. You know the type; teenage T&A, buckets of gore, no plot, bad acting. :rolleyes:

But we've seen some real stinkers in the vintage line too. Horror seems to be one genre that when its bad, its VERY bad! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
I'm a fan of the olde Mystery Science Theater 3000, and enjoy a good bad movie. However, there is one...

Pinata: Survival Island.

Most movies are so-bad-they're-funny bad. This one just sucks.

Or, rather, I actually haven't made it all they way through the film despite trying several times. :zzz: Only movie I can actually say that about.

The opening sequence is so bleeding funny, though. Especially because they're being SOOOOO serious. It just gets mind numbingly boring after that.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,771 Posts
The Creeping Terror. I remember seeing it on TV several years ago. The monster looked like someone crawling covered by a carpet. In one part of the movie, when the creature was eating a victim, you could still hear her screaming with only her feet sticking out.

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
I'm a fan of the olde Mystery Science Theater 3000, and enjoy a good bad movie. However, there is one...
I loved Mystery Science Theater 3000! That was such a great show.

My vote for worst horror movie is Saw 5. Plot line was nil on top of the gratuitous gore. At least in the previous movies they had some twist in the plot line to keep your interest......this was just stupid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts