Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run a haunt that is worthy of having thousands of tots... But my home haunt is deep in a neighborhood off all major roadways. So my question to the forum is.... What is the most effective way of advertising your haunt on a small budget??? ( no tv commercials ect.). We all know how important it is to alarm the masses, about the terror we have spent so long to create.
Thanks
Kevin

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,301 Posts
• Neighborhood newsletters
(my neighborhood's newsletter also has an online function)

• Flyers posted in local businesses

• Signage near elementary/middle schools

• If you have kids, have them take in flyers to pass out or stick up at school (if they can)

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Frankie's Girl has definitely covered the basics.

1.A strong flier is always a benefit. Distribute as many as you can. Friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, etc.

2. If you live in an area with community mail boxes, put fliers there, too!

3. Make up some letter (or legal size) posters and ask local businesses if they will display the poster in their window.

4. Go to all the local grocery stores and post a flier on their community bulletin board.

5. For more free advertising, contact local papers and new stations. Local papers will cover your haunt, and if you think you're big enough (or even if you're not) contact the local TV stations -- one of them is bound to come out and shoot some B roll for a fluff piece if news is slow!

Here are some articles my haunt has had from our local paper:

2008: Scared Silly - Mill Creek family puts the Haunt in Haunted Hollow

2006: Welcome to His Hollow - Yard becomes a canvas for man's love of Halloween

This year, I hope to contact at least one of the local TV news crews as well as the local and regional paper.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I agree with all other posts, great stuff! In addition, look at online advertising websites like:

Eventful

Yelp

If you know some teens, have them get them all over social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace. You would not believe how fast something can spread on those things.

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
One of the greatest haunts IMHO the Davis Graveyard has sample press releases. I plan on using their format this year. Here is the link:
Davis GraveYard - News

You could also create your own website for your haunt like I have. It is not elaborate but does give the details.
MacArthur Manor - Home

1 - 5 of 5 Posts