Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any pointers, i know i can cover it up with blaring audio , but i just wanted to be open minded and see other peoples ideas too :):confused:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Servo noise can be dampened with foam and a hard plastic or metal cover.
Pneumatics noise can be dampened with silencers or mufflers or even a piece of tubing. It the hiss is coming from a cylinder you can route the exhausted air away from the location with a tube or a hose.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yep, That's the best answer I think....I got a couple silencers in the last monsterguts kit I got but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.....I used loud audio last year as that seems to be what most haunted houses I've been in did....If the silencers make a big difference then I'll buy more for the rest of the system....ZR

Servo noise can be dampened with foam and a hard plastic or metal cover.
Pneumatics noise can be dampened with silencers or mufflers or even a piece of tubing. It the hiss is coming from a cylinder you can route the exhausted air away from the location with a tube or a hose.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I've heard of some where they route the exhaust air to another part of the haunt and use it as an ankle tickler or just a simple scare. The timing for that could be tricky though.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
You could always run the exhaust lines to a pile of rubber snakes,........Give it that realism..... :D :eek: & hide the sound to an effect ! Maybe even a few ankle whippers with the snakes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, im really liking these ideas, i believe the kits from monster guts come with silencers... but i do like the snake idea, or the ankle tickler.. all really good ideas, haha ill have to try them all:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
What I found worked best for me was to route the exhaust through a short piece of tubing into a foam box that was stuffed with a dishcloth and that had a few small holes in it to make sure it wasn't air tight. I also reduced the air pressure as far as I could. The result was silent. All if the different types of silencers I tried reduced the volume of sound but they still made a very noticeable high pitched hiss.

For servos, I turned up the sound. My skulls didn't have much space for insulation and what I put in didn't seem to help that well. I heard something on the radio yesterday while flipping channels about a foam glue that absorbs sound. I don't know anything else about it.

Edit: Found it. Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I remember Dave the Dead over on HauntForum attaching a predator game call to the exhaust of a pneumatic prop. It created a scream that was creepy as hell.
Perfect!! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts