Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess you guys want me to share mine. We call it "the white room" It's a simple 4 by 8 room with three sheets hanging in the way and is lit by strobes. We put a guy with a leaf blower in there. Not for the claustrophobics. The TOTers had to push their way past each sheet in order to get out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My best scene has to be the black light room. Black plastic walls smeared with different fluorecent paints. Hand prints, random words. Rusty chains hanging down with plastic fluorecent string laced thru the links and more string hung from the ceiling. A demonic skull / claws and chain brushed with watered down fluorecent paint. One actor dressed in black body suit with a raised glow in the dark skeleton on the front. He stood stock still, then jumped at people as they decided whether he was real or not. Then just before the exit I had another actor dressed in a black robe with white mask and white gloves. They stood with their face down gloves tucked into the robe sleeves. As people reached for the exit curtain the actor raised up jumping forward. No one saw it coming.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Both very nice, thanks for sharing!

I haven't made a best scene yet, but I know I will enjoy this thread and get some great ideas! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
my favorite/best "scene" so far was the vampire's crypt. It was the last part of the haunt. When the ToTers knocked or rang, the door would open on its own and inside was a dimly lit marble floored, high ceilinged room with a large staircase all covered in cobwebs. In the middle of the room was a standard black toepincher with red lining with a long red tapered candle burning on either side. The lid was separated in two pieces, the head and the body. The head piece was opened and the cauldron of candy was sitting on the closed body part.

I lay in the coffin dressed as a vampire complete with fangs and ascot (very formal vamp). As the ToTers finally made their way up to the candy, I popped up and hissed at them, making sure to open my mouth and show off my fangs. They nearly always ran right back out the door. Oh well...more candy for me. :D

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Here's my favorite scene we've ever done in 10 years of decorating...

It was 47 feet of this, and you went thru the black tarping at the other end to Enter Wonderland Gone Mad. It was Last years theme, and this "rabbit hole" is now the standard by which we judge ourselves... If it isn't gonna turn out as cool as this, then we won't be doing it!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My best scene has to be the black light room. Black plastic walls smeared with different fluorecent paints. Hand prints, random words. Rusty chains hanging down with plastic fluorecent string laced thru the links and more string hung from the ceiling. A demonic skull / claws and chain brushed with watered down fluorecent paint. One actor dressed in black body suit with a raised glow in the dark skeleton on the front. He stood stock still, then jumped at people as they decided whether he was real or not. Then just before the exit I had another actor dressed in a black robe with white mask and white gloves. They stood with their face down gloves tucked into the robe sleeves. As people reached for the exit curtain the actor raised up jumping forward. No one saw it coming.
Sounds Cool

·
Registered
75 Posts
My favorite scene I have done was my autopsy room. We had "brick" walls with blood on it. We had a table covered with a table cloth with fake blood covering body parts while an actor acted like he was examining the body. He quickly turned around unexpectedly and scared the groups while another actor crawled along the ground. I got a lot of scares out of this room.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Here's my favorite scene we've ever done in 10 years of decorating...

It was 47 feet of this, and you went thru the black tarping at the other end to Enter Wonderland Gone Mad. It was Last years theme, and this "rabbit hole" is now the standard by which we judge ourselves... If it isn't gonna turn out as cool as this, then we won't be doing it!!!
Love this! Totally visually stunning. Are those playing cards dangling from the ceiling? Do you have more pix from this party?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for asking! My best scene is probably from my murder mystery party. The mystery was based on the Lemony Snicket books "A Series of Unfortunate Events," and the trial took place in the 'village of fowl devotees.' So there were crows everywhere. Shadows of crows lurking on the walls, stuffed crows hanging from light fixtures, crow feathers for the centerpiece, crow place cards. It was a little overwhelming, but all the guests loved it!

But I wanted to tell you about my worst scene too :D When I was young and I started moving away from the store-bought decorations my mom would buy for Halloween I wanted to do something a bit more gorey. I set up a scene with candy buckets spilled out in the grass and covered in blood, like kids had been attacked mid-trick-or-treat. I think there was caution tape around it also. I was pretty proud. It looked good. There was only one problem. The fake blood I had used was a bottle of ketchup. When my cousin and I came back from trick-or-treating every inch of ketchup blood was coated in moths! Moths everywhere!

Ugh, I still get the chills. To this day I have no problem with spiders, snakes or rats, but moths I am creeped out by! Go figure!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Back in the middle 80's, I was in the Jay Cee's. We did a Haunted House every year and we were all responsible for our own room. My daughter was about ten or eleven at the time. My room was a cave. I had used liquid nail to attach large pieces of foam that looked like rocks to the wall. Brought in a large tree branch to serve as a tree and several bags of leaves for the floor. I then attached some metal shackles to the wall. My daughter then made up as a crazy child would get in the shackles and be dorment until someone came through at which time she would attempt to get to them. Some teenage kids came through and the boys were making comments to there girlfriends about how lame the haunt was. About that time my daughter ( 10 OR 11) did her thing and came out at them. The two boys screamed like little girls and jumped backwards knocking down part of a wall. We had to stop the haunt to fix the wall. I think that was my best scen. We won best room for it that year too.

·
Ubzest
1,249 Posts
I was pretty pleased with my devil room in o8. cause we had a hell hole with fog and fake spinning fireplace logs, a great skeleton in chains and loads of dead vines and webs hanging around and some devils contracts on the wall Plus and awesome actor who got right into his role. It was lit by a red flood light from the ceiling, but it wasn't overly bright in there. actually my dracula room and lab were also pretty good!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Over the years we've used so many different scenes I can scarcely remember them all. "Psycho The Clown"is excellent, but I'd have to say that "Mrs. Bates' Parlor" is the all time best. We've used it on four different years, all with fantastic results. We even had a pregnant lady break water in it one year.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This last year we had an eight by eight room that we had three hallway segments in. At the end of the middle part we had a strobe and a compressed air sensor. It worked great.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Two years ago we had a Indiana Jones room. Indy would greet the people at the beginning of the room, telling them to be careful where they stepped,because there were traps everywhere,we even spray painted a stone path so they would pay attention to the floor. We also spray painted a large skull gold, and when Indy picked up the gold idol off its resting place, a trap was sprung. The trap was a massive 8 x 8 foot spiked ceiling that when dropped made a loud crash.
Most people dropped to their knees and screamed, it was a great room. We had fake trees and the movies theme music going. We even put spiders on Indy's back. Dan

1 - 20 of 39 Posts