Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this belongs here or not, so if it needs to be moved. This is an item I picked at GoodWill today. I have no idea how I'll use it in my haunt yet. Iwas wondering if anyone knows what it is. It was orginally brass colored, i believe. The base has four up the slots for it to slip out the bottom. Underneath this metal plate is a piecfeet that are of a head in what looks to me to be an egytian headdress. The picture of the feet/heads is not the clearest. The one showing the inside shows a three spoked wheel. There is another one on the bottom. They are concave with the outer rim half an inch lower than the center. The metal bottom you see in the picture appears original, as there are two slots cut in the round conical upright piece. the bottom plate is sits on the lip and you have tostand it up and match e of wood that does not look original. It has a hole cut in the center that is just shy of being as big as the outer rim of the spoked wheel. This piece of wood sits below the bolts holding the feet on, allowing the two wheels to be screwed together holding everything in place. If you somehow followed all that, I'm amazed. I've actually held and disassembled the thing and I don't know what I just said. LOL I thought it looked old and interesting with the weird shape and egytian feet and all. I'm sure I can find somewhere to use it. Just thought I'd share a find and see if anyone had any ideas. Also found a square form chair that I think I can turn into an Electric Chair prop. Got both items at GoodWill for 7.00 total.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
That's a good price for the 2 items. Our Goodwill store never has anything good in it. You could put a mister and some lights in the pot. It almost looks like it could be part of a canon if you turned it on it's side. I'm sure somebody on here could come up with something better than what I did.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It doesn't look too old. At first glance it looks like a vase, but the "wheel" inside definitely changes things. I considered for a moment that perhaps it worked as a small garden fountain missing pieces but with how the inside works it seems unlikely. I do believe you are missing a piece from it, the wheel acts as though it locks something inside the "vase." I'm pretty stumped. I found an antique/collectibles board where I'll pass the question on. Hopefully we can get some help on this because I'm interested to know now lol.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Stumped! I hope your antique friends can tell us more DeepSix!

·
Registered
188 Posts
How tall is it overall?
can you post a pic beside something (like a glass, 12 oz can) for reference?

The inner wheels could play to your advantage. A small motor to make the wheel change, strategic light placement, color gels on the wheel, presto instant color changing effect.

Small tube in the bottom fed by smoke machine, with a lite in the bottom...instant smoking goblet. Or if its bigger as smoking canon (maybe minus the light)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is 16 inches tall and 10 inches at the widest point. Thanks for the interest and the great ideas. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's an umbrella stand. Seems kind of on the small side but who knows. I also thought of putting a motor in it to lift either an arm or animal up and out. Thanks for checking your antique board Deepsix

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Is it made by Mercedes Benz? The emblem in pic #3 looks like it. I'd use it for and urn for creamation ashes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts