Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No risk, no fun. I already talked about how I was chased by two maniacs in cars over summer when I was like 9 years old. They tried to kidnap me and my friend. Running from kidnappers is up there on the rush list. I never felt adrenaline like that before. Most people will never know the true power of adrenaline, and what it feels like to run for your life.:eek::) My friend was breaking down in front of the police, my grandmother grabbed one of the guys through the window thinking he got me (Iwas safe), I think I cried, too. Awesome! For the upcoming Halloween we went out as usual-no fear. DUDE, if I can ago out trick or treating following a crazy incident like that, what are peoples' excuses today? You people just hear stories on the news and quit. I'll tell my kids to go out and have a good adventure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My friend, good adventures are out there. I say go for it, but you have to be careful these days. You got away, but what if...what if you had gotten caught? It's always best to be safe....

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is a myth. The b.s. got started when I was in 5th grade (1989). All sorts or crap about getting bit by a mosquito and your brain swelling up. Nobody listened, and the propaganda continued. then, in like 1999 or 2000, people started to take it to heart, and more Mall related trick or treating occurred. About 2004 the kidnappers and weirdo scare got bigger.

People need to understand one thing about the predator mentality, they hunt until they get the prey. They don't schedule for Halloween, they have a constant need. You have greater chance of getting nabbed on a slow day when people are tired in their houses than you do on a holiday when people are active. They tried to get me when nobody was around but an old lady who couldn't do anything if she wanted to. Here is how it happened. I was taking a walk to a grocery store with my firend to buy some soda. We had to cross a small bridge that we always crossed. When we were half way across, a car pulled up ahead of us. I took a few more steps before I told my friend that I didn't like the look of it. As soon as I turned around another car quickly pulled up and tried to box us in. One person yelled to the other not to let us get away. We bolted and separated in our neighborhood. If didn't turn back so soon we would have been trapped, or had to jump in the water. I ran to a neighbor's house, and my friend ran to mine. They followed us in the neighborhood. As a result, my grandmother chased the car down and grabbed him through the window. The cops were called, and the chasers accused us of throwing candy at them, and that is why they came after us. Think about that. Two people in separate cars, who know each other (husband and wife), got a bag of candy thrown at them (CANDY of all things), and chased the supposed wrong doers. The cops took their side at first. I told them to check the bag for prints; lets take prints. I knew only their prints would be on the plastic bag. Then it turned into an our word versus theirs, and they were let go. Nobody else was around but us, nobody threw any candy. Why separate cars? Why not call the cops, first? The police station was 400 yards away from the bridge. Their whole story was bullshit. Criminals are devious, they will plan out their method of attack, and in my case, stage an alibi. The only other story which rivals mine was my mother's claim of being chased through an out of the way area by lunatics with a machede in the 70's. I'm not going to let some punks stop me from having fun. The weirdos are always staking your kids out at the store and on their way home from school. Teach them common sense, and they can have fun. Don't second guess yourself. Remember the Road Runner (he had fun despite trouble).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts