Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
We answered your question in the previous thread where you asked, but I'll tell you here, too. :D Secret Reaper is basically a Halloween themed Secret Santa. When bethene makes the sign up thread, maybe tomorrow, watch for it, she will post the rules on the first page of it. If you choose to sign up, you will make yourself a list of Halloween items you like and ones you don't, making it as detailed as possible. You will PM this list with your name and shipping info to bethene. Another thread will be started for us to post out Likes/Dislikes lists, too, that you need to post the same list to. After sign up is over, bethene will randomly choose everyone a "victim". You don't tell who you got, as it's a secret. You then stalk your Victim, reading their posts, reading their likes/dislikes list, looking through their albums, checking their Pinterest page, if they have one, and reading their profile page, all to see what kinds of things your victim likes. You have a spending minimum, not including shipping, to buy, craft, make, find gifts for your victim. You then decorate up a box, pack the gifts into it with care and then mail it out to the address bethene gave you before the shipping deadline. Some one will do the same for you. When we get our "reapings" we open our boxes, take lots of pics of our gifts, then post the pics on another thread that bethene will post for our pics...that way we can all see the awesome stuff you were given and thanks can be given from all the victims to their reapers. Again, bethene will post the rules soon on the sign up thread. It's super fun!!!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
Lol, cool. Just watch for the thread that she will start up soon. We will be glad to have ya! Saki posted (above) a link to last years sign up thread for you to read to see how it works...here are the links to last years picture thread and likes/dislikes thread so you can see how those work, too, and some pics of things we all send. Hope these help to show you how it goes!

2013 SR Picture thread: http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/128790-offical-picture-thread-secret-reaper-2013-a.html?highlight=secret+reaper+2013

2013 SR Likes/dislikes thread:http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/127605-likes-dislikes-thread-2013-secret-reaper.html?highlight=secret+reaper+2013

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
The spending amount for the main Secret Reaper is usually a minimum of $20, and some go over that amount. Then you have the shipping cost, too, which is not included in the $20 minimum. So it's at least $20 plus the cost of shipping. I meant to write that above, but forgot, lol. bethene will have all that info for sure in the rules, as well. :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Definetly! I will probably spend 40 dollars on my Victim! :D
:)

since this is your first reaper when you make your likes and dislikes you can never have to much information for your reaper.
the more detail the better it really helps your reaper out. :)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
...and remember, you can make gifts, buy store bought gifts, find thrift store gifts, or a mixture of all three to fill your victim's box...it all just depends on what they like and write down on their likes/dislikes list.

Also, when you put your gifts into the box to ship, you can write a note revealing yourself to your victim, or, some people like to leave hints or puzzles as to who they are in the box. Just don't let anyone know your victim before then!

Some people also mail little teasers before they send out the big box...small single gifts, cards, letters, ect to toy with their victim. It's completely optional, you don't have to, but a few people do this, as you will see when the SR Picture thread goes up (or if you look through last years pic thread). There are some who post teaser pictures in the SR Picture thread, too...like a tiny corner of a gift, for us all to guess what it is or who it could be for! Just remember, if you do send a teaser, don't write your name or anything on it on the return address part, or you will give yourself away!!!

You must also find sneaky ways to stalk your victim...if you continually visit their profile page, your victim can see this, lol. You must be stealthy and sneaky...some of us visit LOTS of profile pages just to throw people off, others log off before visiting their victims page so they can't be tracked.

Hmmm...what else is there for SR info that we can tell you, and others reading this thread?? Oh, make sure to really pack your items well for shipping, especially breakable items. Use lots of packing material...gifts break sometimes during shipping and it's sad for the victim and the reaper. I also like to remind new people, if you have never shipped anything before, be aware that shipping costs can get pricey, especially if your box is very heavy or oddly shaped/large. That doesn't usually deter many of us, lol, but it's good to keep in mind when deciding if you have the money to sign up and what size box to use/what to put in it/ect. If a reaper has a budget to stick to, but really wants to join, bethene can also help out buy keeping your victim closer to where you live, if you ask her nicely! :D

Anyone else have any SR tips for the newbies?? My mind is now blank, lol.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I kinda hope i get a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG box full of stuff like some people got! :D not to sound greedy. I'm just so EXCITED!!!!! :D
Lol, well I hate to be a downer, but that does sound kinda greedy. The reaper isn't about getting a big box, or a free gift. It's about sharing the Halloween spirit with other members. Remember who ever is you reaper will be doing their best to find the perfect gift for you, or even better make it for you, and maybe you get that one beautifully crafted item, not a big box. ;) the amount for spending is 20 $ and some people are very good at finding used items or items on sale. However that's not everyone, and you never know who your reaper is gonna be, and what they will send you.

Think of it as a game - the fun is the process of making/buying/finding the gift, and waiting to see how happy and exited your victim will be :)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
Yeah, while getting a reaping box is super fun (...and jumping for the door every time you hear a delivery truck or the mailman down the street makes us hyper and crazy, lol.)...I have way more fun doing the best I can for my victim!! I LOVE to have a happy victim...it's a rush to have them post the gifts you made for or bought them and have everyone "ooooh" and "ahhhh" over it, lol, and to have your victim squealing with glee and excitement!! Oh, how I love Secret Reaper!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
So Could i send my gifts like tomorrow if i wanted to?
Lol, no...you have to wait for sign up, then about 3 or 4 weeks after that, when sign up is over, bethene will send you a victim. THEN from that point on until the shipping deadline, you can send stuff.

Lol, how do you plan on sending gifts now to a victim you don't have yet??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol, if I got a victim tomorrow i would have worked on it all day long then send it right before the mailing place closes! :D LOL!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts