Halloween Forum banner

What I Learned - 2015

1473 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  chaoscat
Didn't see a thread dedicated to this yet. So I'll start.

1. Rusty old chains make wonderful wind tie-downs! I draped them over my tombstones and crisscrossed them over coffins to keep the wind from destroying my lighter props. Not only did it work, but the look was perfect... especially over the coffins! I'll be doing this from now on. MUCH easier than tying off to stakes and super fast to take down.

2. I will finally get a better system in place for organization. While my stuff is all back inside- it is not yet put away. I vow to organize as I put away and inventory everything as I go. I really see how a huge plan-ahead is invaluable. Thanks to all who've suggested organizing tips throughout the year. Muuuaaah!

What was your take-away from 2015 Halloween?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,684 Posts
Although I have been setting up my haunt for Halloween each year, for the last 20 years, my wife and I have come to an agreement as to when I should start. Each year I begin the first day in October by putting up the fence which goes around the entire front yard. From there the tombstones go up and wiring is run for all the lighting. My sound system along with the speakers for outside go out and lastly animated props.
No more. At my age I'm tired of watching the weather day in and day out, seeing if it will rain in the next several days forcing me to bring certain items in so they are not damaged. What do you expect here in Florida.
I know where everything is going to go when we bring them out so we are going to cut the set-up time in half and start two weeks before Halloween with the fence and pace ourselves from there. It will be easier on me and I feel I can still enjoy everything I do.
As for breaking it down and putting it up, that takes two days as usual because I know where everything needs to go. After today I just feel exhausted so the change is needed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.