Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to get a coffin and a free standing figure (a weeping angel from Dr Who) built. I'm sewing my wife's costume (this is my first time sewing) and trying to make sure to not neglect our 2 month old baby. I'm already starting to think the coffin won't get build or the figure might not get waterproofed. Has anyone else already started thinking of moving some projects to the Next Year list?

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
A true haunter thinks that they can finish everything on their list all the way up to October 30th...then the things you can't get done get moved to next year. You have plenty of time

·
Registered
461 Posts
Plenty of time still. Do what you can and have fun with it. I won't give up on any project until I really now it won't get finished. That is usually around Ohhhh the 31st of October

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
We have already moved a couple of items to next years list, its not a big deal. There are always nice to haves and need to haves, sort that out and it will be fine! :) :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Finding a decent female, lol oh your talking halloween project. Yea my 9' tall cyclops costume will not get done this year but all other projects are done.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,780 Posts
For several years now I have been trying to get my wife's endorsement for Halloween. I have given up on it for several years now, and I have given up on it again this year.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I got quite a chuckle out of your post, Jackrum! My DD is now 4, and my DS will be 2 in November. Our first Halloween with DD, she was bundled up in her stroller and outside with us as DH and I put up our cemetery & outdoor Halloween stuff. That was the EASY year! LMAO! Once she became a toddler who was distracted by anything that caught her eye, DH & I took turns going outside because she couldn't be trusted in the front yard. What used to take a day or so to put up now seems to take FOREVER because DH & I have to do shifts. Not only that, but we can't leave partially finished projects out on the floors or tables any more, since DS is too curious for his own good. So anytime we work on something, we bring it all out, work on it a bit, then have to clean it all up again instead of leaving it out. This means projects take longer too. Sigh...

The good news - now that DD is 4, she can come outside in the front yard with no real worries about her going too close to the road. And, although she asks a ton of questions, she understands she can't touch things and generally leaves things alone if we leave it out. So, I'm hopeful that in 2 years or so, when DS is at this age, we might finally get back into the Halloween groove that suits DH & I best. Until then though, we give up on a LOT! :eek: Hang in there!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I was going to make Rocket and Groot figures from Guardians of the Galaxy but I doubt I'll have time for them this year.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I almost gave up on my FCG, then I thought I might still have time. Last night, my wife asked me if I could make my son a Thomas the Tank Engine costume since the ones in stores are so lame. So once again, my FCG has been moved to next year's list.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So I should be finishing projects on the LIST, or moving them to next year??
I haven't finished any yet, but I AM still adding!!
Boy am I in trouble, maybe a storm will come along and Halloween will be moved to a week later.
Though, with no Power or Heat, I still didn't get much done, after Sandy!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I've been moving projects to next year list for years now! :) Sometimes I get frustrated with a project and just have to set it aside. Mostly I just run out of time. I get an idea of how I want something to look and I instead of rushing and doing a half-a$$ job, I'll put it off until I have time to do it right. Oddly enough, the majority of my finished projects have been passed on to my family and my Halloween forum friends. :D

Of course I'm always adding to my "want-to-make" list too. :rolleyes:

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
It didn't even occur how tricky things will get when the little one is mobile.
Yeah, thanks Jenn&MattFromPA for the eye-opener! :) My little one just turned six months old! :)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yeah i wanted to make a Sam figure from TRICK OR TREAT , i got a small child's mannequin but cannot source a decent orange all in one that resembles the one in the movie so i figure this will be another year i will have to cancel this project again .

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks like some old props aren't going to be improved. I have a giant spider whose legs fall off -- I wanted removable legs to make storage easier, but the blasted things insist on removing themselves. I also have some giant Venus Fly Trap sort of plants that are chronically wilted. The stems are too weak to hold up the flowers. :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts