Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting into the middle of the buying season this year...what have you gotten thats your favorite? i think the blue tooth pumpkin from cb is awesome, im dragging it around with my pandora going on my phone while i am working and just having a great time, i love the eyeball doorbell, hg surprised me/i ended up getting five of the cat pumpkin folk art fiqures and snowglobe for a display they are adorable...alligator, daushund, fish, rat, mousie skellies....frank bust from hg, sally from walgreens....lot more.

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Great thread idea.

My favorite item would probably be my $20ish GrandinRoad-faced Ross Bride because I bought it from someone here and instead of shipping we met up. I really enjoyed meeting her in person, especially after reading her posts for years. First time doing that actually; distance has usually meant shipping items back and forth with members and just emails between. So the Bride brings along a personal touch with her and makes her extra special. We get so much into the props but it's really the kids and personal experiences coming out of all this halloween that is the icing on the top.

As for other items that I would include among my favorites, nothing major jumps out. I do love the Cracker Barrel lamp. Very clever and nicely done. The CVS pirate is super nice and having bought the alligator skulls and Crazybonez pirannah fish to go with him will be cool when I do my pirates theme. Also think the eyeball doorbell from BL is a fun little prop. Sally was nice to find early on and with not much effort or driving all over this year. She's not that great of construction/materials but she completes my NBC trio of hanging props so that's worth a big smile.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
It's really going to be hard to choose just one. I probably can't! :D
But, my Big Lots Witch is really close to the top of the list, for sure. I wanted her so much last year but just couldn't find her, despite a lot of travel & calling around. I had mostly given up on her & was pretty disappointed about it. I was soooooo excited to see the early pictures of her this season on the Big Lots thread. Actually finding ONE on my local store's shelf was really fantastic! She's my first witch prop & I've been doing some things to personalize her, and our "Hagatha" is fitting in to our Halloween family just great. Ha ha!

I also lucked out this year & found the smaller hearse I really admired, which was a big surprise, and the eyeball doorbells are a fave here too. I also chose a little statuette of a boy & girl that's vintage looking from HomeGoods, and it reminds me of my kiddos, so it's gonna be something I look forward to getting out each year as well.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My favorites are my three skeletons I got from Costco this year. I also love my CVS skeleton rat. Eva from GR is third, followed by the cool neck wound I got at Spirit yesterday.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
My favorites are the Short Circuit Attic Light, projection ghosts light, Gemmy ghost spirit ball, and one of the items that will be coming my way once we get Paypal and shipping cost figured out--the beautiful black cat statuette from Ross. I love that cat! Oh, and the vintage blow mold table top lamp that I found the other day. :D A Jack o'lantern resting on a black cat's back.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found this at a local antique store. I have a weepy black wreath I bought from Grandin Road years ago that she will hold.
very nice ghouliet...great addition to a collection for sure

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Miss Hallows Eve, I normally do not like zombie babies but that one is done to look so real and freaky at the same time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My favourite buy this season isn't strictly Halloween, I will probably use it all year but I just found it and I plan to put it in a place of prominence in my Witch kitchen

A solid granite, HEAVY (I almost had trouble holding it at arms length for the pic, lol), old fashioned mortar and pestle.
IMG_0383.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
Because I like to make as much as I can myself, when I see Halloween stuff for sale, my first thought is usually can I make it - or even make it better myself!
Stopped in a Spirit Halloween store yesterday and while the basics of these props are interesting, they were such poor quality. It just astounds me how much money they want for some of this stuff - even worse, a good number of them didn't work. I have a few animated props and Dr. Shivers (aka Mort the Mortician) is by far the best overall quality prop I own. However i was happy to get some rusty attic lights and Edison light strings at Big Lots as well as the hearse sculpture at Homesense - perfect for my funeral parlour. I still hope to pick up a dachshund bone dog and fish to add to my bone menagerie... and maybe this mechanical skeletal hand when I next go down over the border.

mechanical hand.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
My multicolor led spotlight from China. It's so fun to dramatically light up things in my room with purple, red, or orange. I was foolish and bought it without a plug, however, I was able to take a power supply cord and thread it through into the case so that it is still waterproof (after taking it completely apart). Can't wait until I start on my Batwing wraith scarecrow and light that up.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,163 Posts
My multicolor led spotlight from China. It's so fun to dramatically light up things in my room with purple, red, or orange. I was foolish and bought it without a plug, however, I was able to take a power supply cord and thread it through into the case so that it is still waterproof (after taking it completely apart). Can't wait until I start on my Batwing wraith scarecrow and light that up.
Very nice. My son got one too and has in his room, when the music starts flowing, who needs a nightclub!!:D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts