Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
The chat had been taken down as a pre-caution as we are getting a huge amount of traffic as well as it did have the potential of being a security risk.

There have been a few attempts of getting it back online, however has had a few issues that were not acceptable.

I am seeking a solution and hope to have it online by next week (before Sunday chat).

I had also hoped to have had it online by now.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Larry, as always thanks for all your hard work keeping this site up and running. Still haven't seen a Halloween site to compare!! You are the best.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
We all need to do a part and keep spammers out. I know it's not just spammers but still. This is a place for Halloween and it should stay that way. Thanks for the heads up Larry. :)

·
Banned
394 Posts
Maybe you ought to put up one of those "only-a-human-can-type-this-in" things you see on some sites. You know, the ones with the words all twisted or partially in another color.

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
The solution that we utilized before cannot be re-implemented this season. I am working to find a new solution that does not slow down the forum that also falls within other guidelines.

Many tests have been made, but nothing that is quite good enough yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not sure how technical a lot of people are, but there is always IRC (Internet Relay Chat). There are many servers, and anyone can start a channel on them. http://www.mirc.com is where you can download a client for Windows XP/Vista/7 to connect to an irc server and channel. I thought I remember seeing that someone has created a channel before, but can't find it anymore. Most irc servers even allow you to register your nickname and a channel, so we could pick the same names as on here, and #halloweenforum as the channel name.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure how technical a lot of people are, but there is always IRC (Internet Relay Chat). There are many servers, and anyone can start a channel on them. http://www.mirc.com is where you can download a client for Windows XP/Vista/7 to connect to an irc server and channel. I thought I remember seeing that someone has created a channel before, but can't find it anymore. Most irc servers even allow you to register your nickname and a channel, so we could pick the same names as on here, and #halloweenforum as the channel name.
oh, that made my head hurt. LOL have no idea what all that means, but it's impressive. LOL

·
Registered
860 Posts
its very obvious the chat room is not going to return, halloween forum is going to loose members to haunt forum because they have a chat room that is maintained.real shame to have to jump ship...oh well..:mad:

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Actually, It is planned to come back.

It just has not been a priority. Chat KILLED the server Halloween 2009 and 2008. So I was not going to implement the same solution and experience the same problem in 2010. I attempted to find a solution that would be good enough, but did not.

The chat room was rarely used and only by a few of our members. This is why this was not a priority.

I am not sure someone would want to jump ship from Halloween Forum for not having access to a chat room that was always empty. However, I do plan on bringing one back online in the future.

its very obvious the chat room is not going to return, halloween forum is going to loose members to haunt forum because they have a chat room that is maintained.real shame to have to jump ship...oh well..:mad:

41 - 60 of 62 Posts