Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Thought I would sign up to spread a bit of knowledge and gain some on the fascination of the tradition. As I recall the first time I went Trick-or-Treating was 1969 and only for a couple of years, maybe a total of 4 times and never with parents in tow. We use to stay up very late at night and even played pranks afterwards like setting a purse with fake money hanging out in the suburb road with a string attached to pull it under a tree when someone would stop their car to check it out. Anyhow, I was doing some research on a different subject and then switched to mythology to pursue a tangent and ended up finding out what Halloween is really all about. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else knows, I know of only one other person in the world so far.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Browse through the forums as I think you'll find we're a very diverse bunch. Yes, some know what Halloween is all about and several of us embrace the modern traditions as well. I found my way here in 2009 and now I feel proud to say that the members of this forum are just like an extension of my family. :)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM , and good luck with your research , most of the oldest roots or traditions i believe go back to the ancient Celts , its too huge a subject to try and explain in a post but thats a little snippet for you to start researching from OK , hell of a lot of Irish and Scottish and even English traditions were incorporated into Halloween over the years , and then many immigrants took these traditions to the states where you guys took it and expanded it , and now its feeding back to us over here in Europe , so i hope thats a very very brief starting point for you , lol .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts