Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Halloween fans,

I want to build a temporary stone fireplace installation around a real chimney that runs vertically through the middle of a room, pictured here. I've studied how to cut polystyrene sheets, but because of the rounded shape of the fireplace I'd like to build (see illustration below), I may have to use rock molds and build it out of faux rocks instead. I'm seeking advice on the best way to go about this. The molds I've found online are a bit pricey, so perhaps the rocks can be made from expanding foam without the use of molds? Has anyone made them with good results? I found a cool fake electric"fire" on Craigslist, but that's as far as my project has gotten. Thank you in advance for any tips!

·
Registered
365 Posts
welll I don't know about the stone fireplace... but I gotta direct you to take a look at a tutorial for Cold Burning Coals... using spray foam-bottle tops-string of orange flicker lights-and a cardboard base to hold it all- very easy, very kool, and could possibly sit under your burning logs to complete the illusion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts