Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I bought these a couple years ago from a pro haunt but he basically took the lamp, cut the heavy wire that held the lamp shade on top and stuck a skull on it....They feel like they are made of wood and old....I've been searching for a few years for more like them but I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong words when searching....They have 3 way switches to turn just the bottom candle on or the top or both....I remember a lot of people had 3 way lamps in the 70's and 80's in their living rooms on the end stands so I've tried searching for vintage 3 way lamp, 70's 3 way wood lamp, 3 way candle lamp, etc....Not having any luck so wondering if anyone has any idea what these lamps were called and when they were made, etc....Thanks....ZR

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
The little candle part is a "night light' feature I definitely remember seeing in a friend's house growing up so at least around since the 1980s.

I added search words like "table lamp" and "vintage wood table candle lamp" and "nightlight lamp" and came up with a few sort of similar lamps:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well, the style itself is certainly Baroque, with all of the elaborate scrollwork. Maybe the candlestick in the middle of each was a mod and not part of the original lamp? At least that is how it appears to me. They are absolutely gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Not exactly sure what era or style they are, though I would say MasqAddikt is probably right. Baroque or Rococo would be more to the style.

Thought I would offer another place to search for more lamps. Usually descriptions are very vague so you can be vague with your search terms. (i.e. if looking for lamps just type lamp in the search box) Sometimes using the search box does not always turn up what you are looking for as it depends on whether a store listed items as to what they are, or as a lot number in the titles. Keep in mind that not all stores will ship items, so be sure to read full description and terms in each auction listing, or contact the person in charge of the auction to see if they would be willing to ship before placing any bids. This auction site is different than Ebay so be sure to read the About Us and the Terms and Conditions pages.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts