Halloween Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
For me...it's comic books and super hero stuff.. I'm a big nerd and have some cool first appearances of comic book characters.

I unintentionally also have a collection of pinball machines.

What kind of junk tickles your fancy?
Hi nightbeasties,
This is kinda loser of me, but I collect vinyl stickers.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Houseplants are a serious addiction 😆 My daughter started with one cute little plant and now I've lost count of how many she has. I would be the same except all my plants seem to die inside the house - outside things grow like crazy.
Oh have I mentioned my cacti/succulent addiction? Every time we go to Home Depot, Lowes or any garden center I feel like I have to rescue one or 2 but I don't want the same old same old they seem to have lately since they're uber trendy now.

I used to have more stereotypical indoor houseplants but Furry Ruiner Brother #2, Ziggy Gato, likes to eat them & when he gets the rips with Furry Ruiner Brother #1, Augie Gato, they knock things over & if you knock over a cacti or succulent it doesn't kill it. You don't even really have to clean it up & replant it right away.

They knocked one over in a corner & I left it there for a week because I was lazy & it wasn't in my way & it's still kicking. If it had been a lot of other houseplants it would've died on day 2.

I brought all of them in last week when we went down below 40° & I've added a wandering jew & a fern to the collection. He hasn't eaten the wandering jew but I found 2 little piles of fern on the runner in the hallway so that's going to my MIL.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been a collector all my life. I started out collecting Civil War Cavalry items. Uniforms, guns, swords, saddles etc. Which then got expanded to 1916 when Pershing went down to Mexico chasing Pancho Villa (that was the end of the horse cavalry. I had a quite extensive collection. Then I got interested in the WWII Flying Tigers & collected that for many years. When I sold it about 16 years age (along with my Cavalry collection) I had (as far as I know) the largest Flying Tigers collection on the West coast. Somewhere in the middle of all of that. I started collecting 19th century Western antiques. If it was there in the 1800s? I wanted it LOL My wife & I had a dream of opening a Western History Museum. Like a town, or at least store fronts stocked etc. So we collected lots of town stuff, general store, school, barber shop etc etc ---.I still have most of that stuff. my favorites are gambling, saloon & Cowboy. I built a back bar from quarter sawn oak to show off some of my saloon & gambling collections. I call it the "American Eagle Saloon" (I'm also a sucker for Eagles & patriotic stuff LOL)

·
Registered
38 Posts
This was part of my Cavalry collection before I sold it (at auction) I sold it because I'd had a major heart attack & all the Drs. at UCLA Med Center. Said I'd never survive if I didn't have a heart transplant. Well the Good Lord had other ideas & made liers out of all of them. Here I am over 15 years later. No heart transplant & I do anything I want (or my wife lets me LOL)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Here’s a pic of the one that’s four feet tall...
View attachment 724790
OMG!! That's pretty awesome!!

How long does it take for that thing to "lava"? Our friend has one that's larger that the usual lava lamps. It's like this one:

He says it takes all day for it to heat up to make the wax move, I can't imagine how long it takes for that ginormous one to do that.

deadpirates, what is Unsweetened Gin & does that mean there is such a thing as sweet gin?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts