Halloween Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts

We both collected Santas before we even met, so the collection is rather huge at this point. Nothing expensive; just ones we like. They're displayed seasonally except for the snow globes which stay on display in the house after a disastrous winter of record freezing temps that shattered many being stored in the garage.

All our other collections are smaller. My partner collects knives. They just have to look good to him, but many have an animal or dragon theme. We display some in rotation, but I grabbed a few just for reference in the photo. He also collects dragons. I collect Hotei Buddhas and have a somewhat large collection of bears of all types that have been given to me over the years. None of our collections are on display as a group. They're all over the house mixed up.

We too, have promised not to start any new collections. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dragons. All sorts. I've got them packed away since my last house move but I really miss having them out, although I've collected some new ones.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well I try not to collect things because I have a tendency to be a little obsessive about things I like amd I don't want to clutter my house. So, I keep a rein on myself. That said, I do like board games. I have about 10 or 12. If I get a new one I make myself get rid of 1.

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
524 Posts
You mean there is something other than Halloween??? I've been visiting wineries all across the country for ~ 30 years, I started keeping bottles from each, but that took up way to much room. So I started collecting glasses from each one. It is great when friends come over and everybody has a different glass from a different place and each one has a story behind it. I've just learned to not put the painted ones in the dishwasher! the etched ones are OK. Just picked up 4 more over the weekend.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Books, books, and more books. We are big readers in our house. Many different genres. History, fantasy, horror, romance, manga, mysteries, cookbooks. Most recently - I've been finding books about witches. Fiction and non-fiction. I also collect dragon statues - though most are packed away right now. My daughter collects Funko pop dolls and Nightmare Before Christmas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Action figures, movies, sneakers and horror film posters that I have signed. Think my two favs are my Halloween and Hellraiser posters. Have most of the cast signed on the latter

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
My Halloween is the bigger of the two>>Halloween & Christmas stuff. Books and Rodeo stuff, my latest collection was a group of used books about western life, mainly cowboys and they look great on this huge new coffee table I bought. Been collecting western stuff since my 20's. Hubby was a ex-bull rider so he came with his collection of western stuff. We live in a house that is decorated all in western stuff, we have a saddle in the living roomy and I use to work in a pro lab for photographers, got many pictures from them that were just prints to check color. One is a huge mural of a cowboy bulldoggin. Its the very same one that resides in The Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs, ya can see on their website the same mural. Thats why this year I'm doing a museum feel in the showing the parts of all my western stuff and by this I don't have to take it all down, I'll just move the Halloween stuff in next to it.

Oh yes and I forgot to add one more collection>>>>>>The MODELS, new hubby builds military models. My stuff has taken up all the room in this new house and hubby had no where to build his models, so I asked him what should we do? He asked for 2 shelves in my beautiful pantry he built me. 96 feet of shelving for all my collectibles. Ok I agreed to that but then he went into building mode and suddenly many more shelves were gone. The whole idea behind this was for him to have them in a place where he could look at them. So here is what he does....he walks past the pantry, turns on the light and then turns around and goes into the bathroom, both doors are open and he sits on the pot and looks at the fleet and one base.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I collect Christmas blow molds. I love industrial stuff. I also collect gears, Dietz lanterns and old oil cans.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts