Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's put your knowledge on Jeopardy! This game will ask one question, and as soon if it is answered correctly, I will make another one. There will be 30 questions. The one who answers the most WINS! what will you WIN? Ego, Self respect, and feel actually more intelligent. So from 30 questions, let's see who answer's the most. Example:

1+1?
somebody answers "2" .. then he's got one out of 30... So he has to be ready to answer #2 before someone else does! I will not post further questions until the one there is answered.

HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question 1

1. What does "Halloween" means?

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,553 Posts
It's the eve of All Hallow's Day, or All Saint's Day.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
it is the day souls are allowed to wander the earth, the celtics and the mexicans both heralded this holiday and celebrated it with festivities honoring the dead.
halloween, samhien, all hallows eve [hallow meaning holy, eve meaning night-hence a holy night]
it wasn't until the new land in america was formed and the illiterate, superstitious settlers here not understanding the true meaning of anothers culture turned it into a dark and sorbid affair. thus hideous crimes such as witch hunts and satanism was introduced by ignorance and fear drawn up from the path of evil and deeply distubed finger pointers.
day of the dead is also the honoring of dead souls wandering the earth. i don't believe they have ever had the bad controversy that the word halloween has brought forth in this country. i believe day of the dead is a very honored and cherished holiday

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent! Joker and Hallo! 1 for each.
2. What does "Writ of habeas corpus" means?
CLUE: Something used in law enfrocement.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
it is used in such cases where a parent has been denied the rights to see ones child. then the courts hold testimony to see if the parent has been wrongfully denied.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay.. ¡GOOD! Hallo 2 Joker 1

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question 3: Why do people used to put "Jack O'Lanterns" in the 19th century?

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
to replace the turnips which were used to scare away evil spirits because the pumpkins were discovered in the new world and were much easier to work with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts