Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use for the outside of your house to hang decorations? We have brick and we can't drill into it because we rent. Also for the front door or garage door. I would like to add spiders but don't want to damage the door by putting something on it that might peel the paint.

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm fortunate to have vinyl siding. I put spiders up all over my house. About 3 years ago, me, a ladder, and a cordless drill climbed up and put about 30 small cup hooks randomly scattered all over the front of the house. Now, each year, the spiders are very easy to hang with a long PVC pole with a hook at the end.

·
Registered
475 Posts
One year I made webbing from Parachute cord and hung it from the Eaves, gutters and widows with more line. Hung the Light decorations from that like a chrismas tree.

Free standing Fascades might help you out to. You can make them match different scenes in your Haunt.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
If you have a bunch of small rubber spiders, like Dollar Tree carries, you might be able to glue magnets to their undersides, and put them on a steel door. I have also wanted to do this for years, but haven't gotten around to it, yet: http://www.marthastewart.com/271458...cor&center=276965&gallery=274309&slide=271458

I once lived in a house where the garage door was more prominent than the front door (which was actually on the side of the house). I bought Scene Setters to hang over the garage door. Unfortunately, they did not stick well, even with the "gummy" poster stick product that I bought, but maybe I didn't clean the door well enough, or maybe I just had cruddy stick-em-up product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts