Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
crossfit zombie
7,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some tombstones from grandin road -heavy resin ones.They came with some big pieces of styrofoam.Yesterday was almost 70 here very warm for this time of year so I glued the pieces to make tombstones.So I got 2 extra large tombstones.That got me thinking of other things that are normally trash that can be used for a prop.I know you guys will have some wonderful ideas of how to use items that we would throw away.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Anything and Everything!!!

I keep a very large box or two (and sometimes it flows over to three four, five) and into those boxes I toss all kinds of things. Styrofoam packaging, car parts, the guts of different electronic devices, plastic clear packaging (think of the kind of plastic used say on a hot wheels car package, it's used for everything with different shapes), scraps of this and that.

Eventually you end up with a pretty crazy mix of things that with a little imagination can be used to complete all sorts of things

One of my favorite places has been a Farm Tractor dealer. They get crates of stuff all the time and skids. Many of them are glad to see someone take this stuff away so they don't have to deal with it.

:eek: Is it too haunt/recycle minded? When my wife gave birth to our son she needed a emergency hysterectomy afterwards. When they removed her oxygen tubing they tossed it in the trash. I fished it out and stuck it in my bag. She asked what the heck am I doin,,,,,,,,,,,oh never mind" and chuckled at me.

·
crossfit zombie
7,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything and Everything!!!

I keep a very large box or two (and sometimes it flows over to three four, five) and into those boxes I toss all kinds of things. Styrofoam packaging, car parts, the guts of different electronic devices, plastic clear packaging (think of the kind of plastic used say on a hot wheels car package, it's used for everything with different shapes), scraps of this and that.

Eventually you end up with a pretty crazy mix of things that with a little imagination can be used to complete all sorts of things

One of my favorite places has been a Farm Tractor dealer. They get crates of stuff all the time and skids. Many of them are glad to see someone take this stuff away so they don't have to deal with it.

:eek: Is it too haunt/recycle minded? When my wife gave birth to our son she needed a emergency hysterectomy afterwards. When they removed her oxygen tubing they tossed it in the trash. I fished it out and stuck it in my bag. She asked what the heck am I doin,,,,,,,,,,,oh never mind" and chuckled at me.
Redneck220
That is so funny.
Terra my husbands work(power plant)has lots of pallets for the taking I need him to grab me some.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Redneck220
That is so funny.
Terra my husbands work(power plant)has lots of pallets for the taking I need him to grab me some.
I work in a pretty big factory and you wouldn't believe the amount of incoming packaging trash generated everyday....THICK cardboard and big,cardboard barrels,cardboard tubing in various lengths and diameters,hard foam,used 2X4's,pallets,etc.....I literally could fill my truck bed on a daily basis and not tell a difference in what gets compacted....I promised myself to not take any golf cart tours to the trash bins in the different areas to see what was "available".....I hoard too much as it is and it get's to be so much I forget what I have....I spent quite a few nights this past summer throwing stuff in a burn barrel just so I could make it to my work bench and maybe even use it....Unless it's something REALLY unique, I'm not hoarding anymore....I'll collect my pieces when I actually start building.....ZR

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I know how you feel ZR...my husband kept bringing home cardboard tubes until we were overflowing with them. I prefer NOT to use cardboard on anything so I don't have to weatherproof. I have slowly been throwing them away and IF I ever do need them they are always available at his job.
I accept all styrofoam tho' :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Lots of wood scraps from my home remodeling projects. Paint and stain as well. Think I might build a couple cross gravestones out of some extra bamboo hardwood floor boards this year.

FYI - If you are ever over at Home Depot. Head over to where they cut down wood for customers. They should have a bin of extras pieces ranging from plywood to 2X4s / 4X4's. Each piece costing between 50 cents and 2 dollars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts