Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all always need "one more skeleton" or other item...but is there something you have too many or too much of? Something that you've picked up over the years and just never get around to using.

I'll go first. Black lights and foggers. I find them at yard or thrift sales and just can't let them go, but I could never use them all. I'll use 2 foggers, and have 5 (or more) in reserve. Same with black lights; I use 4 tubes and a few screw ins, but have a few more tubes...just in case.
Oh, and glassware. I used it a few years to populate a lab setting, but now probably 80% stays in the box. Gotta get rid of this stuff!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have too many things I want to build and not enough time, money, space, and talent to do it all!
That is the perfect answer. I guess we are too "new" to say for sure. But doubt we will ever have too much of anything!!! You always need MORE, LOL.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ugly Joe,

Funny, i never seem to have enough webbing.. I always think I have more than enough, and I find myself digging through boxes looking for some!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I went a little overboard with Creepy Cloth last year, when it was on clearance for 18 cents or so a package. I bought over 40, and I already had some that I'd paid full price for, before Halloween.

I used to buy the more decorative "antique style" candle sticks, and electric/battery op tapers every time I saw them, but I stopped doing that. I also have a small collection of "silver" platters from thrift shops that are waiting to become something else, or go into PIF or reaper packages.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are trying to cut back on buying pumpkins. We scaled back to 16 this year, which is almost half of what we've previously had. Oh, and we carve them all the last week of October. It's a real back killer for the two of us. The first 4 I carve are usually pretty intricate and the rest end up being basic faces as I run out of time.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Great thread!

For me it's miscellaneous décor items that I pick up at thrift stores and somehow don't get around to using. At least not more than one year. Items that are in bad shape, don't light up or whatever they are supposed to do and costumes that are not pristine or that I've never used. I can't resist a well made, original, handmade costume but I have some I'll probably never use. Just can't seem to give away or throw that stuff out. And one more category: theme specific items or costumes that I'll probably never use again like 'western' or 'carnevil'. I collected a lot of cool items for the western theme in particular and now they're just taking up space in the garage.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Too many masks. We don't throw EVERYTHING at you each and every year, so most of the time they're in boxes. Werewolves haven't appeared at our place for, like five seasons, Clowns even longer. And we're not talking cheesy stuff here, naw, these are works of art.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Hmmmm...let me see....I'm probably a borderline 'hoarders:buried alive' candidate with Halloween stuff. I have a surplus of: dollar store spiders, packages of spider webbing (glow-in-the-dark and regular), creepy cloth, funkins (all sizes), pumpkin carving tools and pattern books, pumpkin teeth, fake eyeballs and eyeball blanks, skeletons, and skulls of all sizes.

I also have surplus cloth, burlap, cheesecloth, black plastic chain, plastic fence finials, lots of different DC motors and gearmotors (including some now-scarce vent motors), switches, wire, outdoor rock speakers, fog machines, and a wide assortment of hardware.

EDIT: I almost forgot my collection of bottles and glassware, and some steampunk stuff like gears, valve handles, and various gauges and meters.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Apothecary jars! Last year my wife got carried away collecting bottles and I got carried away making cool labels for them. Now we have a huge amount of bottles for our witch set. And no one bothers to read all of the cool labels since they are lost in the mess. But I still really like my Captain Jack Sparrow whiskey bottle though!

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Time.

BWAHHAHHAHHHAHAAAAA! :D
Just kidding.:eek:

Probably too much Spooky Town. We've got 7 large rubbermaid bins of the stuff. But my wife has taken to doing a smaller display each year so she probably only uses a bin and a half. But she also likes to change it up each year, so we can't really get rid of 'em.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts