Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we go camping every year and set up a display. Last year we Gave out candy, Huggies, trinkets, dog treats and even had peanuts for the people that wanted them.

Well, this year, we picked up our order of a case of peanuts from Texas Roadhouse, and upon hearing what we do, they gave us free kids meal coupons, those plastic glasses that make the kids look like characters, and bags for the peanuts. Here's my thing, is it tacky to give those out as well as all the other stuff? I kinda feel like we are semi-sponsored by Texas Roadhouse now, HAHA.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I second Wolfman at least with the glasses and food coupons. Extra goodies. You could put the glasses and the trinkets that you normally hand out in one container then let the kids choose their prize. You could hand out the food coupons with the candy and peanuts. Then do what you normally do with the other things such as the Huggies and dog treats. I don't know if I would use the bags they gave you for the peanuts, unless it would make for a nicer presentation. I don't know how you have been bagging up the peanuts before or if they come pre-bagged.
I think it is was nice of Texas Roadhouse to give you those things for the kids. Not many businesses would do that. So if they get a little free advertisement from it, why not.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We give out the peanuts by having the case open and if people want any we have a scoop and brown "lunch bags" that we put it in. It was a huge hit last year.

Oh, we do a circus/carnival theme, so peanuts fit in. We did popcorn 2 years ago but the machine just couldn't keep up with demand, LOL.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I would give the good stuff out to kids (and their parents) who have shown some effort to get a nice costume for the night. Don't forget, parents like to get out too, and that's easier when their little one is getting a free meal. :)

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
Wow I think it was nice of a business to give you all that without you asking them for any donation. They trusted you when you told them that you did this with the kids (and believed the kids would end up with it), and you did accept it. I get what you said about maybe feeling like being co-sponsored by Texas Roadhouse but I think giving them some recognition with the pre-printed bags is fine. Clearly the coupons come from them.

If it were me I would bag the peanuts ahead of time to simplify things (assume you need to tie it somehow), put the bagged peanuts in the box and post a sign on the peanut box saying something like "Thanks to TR for the unsolicited donation of peanut bags, coupons and glasses this year". That should clarify that you were supplying the peanuts and giving them recognition of the other items. Maybe take a photo of the peanut box with glasses and coupons near it and send to the manager of the store so they feel it went to a good cause and was appreciated. It was very gracious of them to help out that way. I'm sure the kids will be excited with the glasses, the parents might appreciate the coupons if they eat there, and the bags, well helps you out.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I don't think it is tacky at all. I say give out all that TR gave you, I think that was super nice of them even if it is helping them promotion wise. Who cares, I would give it proudly. I think people will like it. I would for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts