Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought about this tonight as I was out in the garage trying to make my own simplified version of witches lanterns that I've seen other places (pumpkinrot, S.K. Austin, etc.) and I decided to turn on the radio in the garage. I don't have an elaborate or even nice organized workplace like some I've seen ( *cough* Terra :p ). It's just a left over piece of plywood thrown over a couple of plastic saw horses. Anyway....I digressed. Sometimes, I enjoy turning on the game on the radio and listening - listened to the Giants / Eagles game yesterday...ugh. Tonight, I turned it onto a country station that plays new artists. Weird but it really put me in the mood for splattering that paint inside those mason jars! :confused:

Sooo....how about you? Do you happen to have a TV in your man/woman cave? Radio? XM Radio? Anything that you find that really puts you in the mood (uhhh...my wife would say no to that) to work on your props and really gets you bee bopping and moving??? Boston seems to do it for me too!!

Hope you all are having a great week! :D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,573 Posts
Depends on where I'm working, if I'm in the LR I'll watch whatever is on, catch up on the DVR shows, put on some movie I've DVR'd like The Mummy or Singing In the Rain, stuff I don't have to pay a lot of attention to since I've seen it a billion times.

Today I've been cleaning up, organizing & purging stuff in the basement & I went with Rick Springfield. It's what was in the boom box so I went with it.

For the most part I don't feel like I need to listen to "seasonal" stuff, I just need something I like that's all.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jesse's girl......

That's funny Spooky - your comment about the music making you a little "crazy" I think is where I was heading. The country music tonight just sort of got me moving pretty quick.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,675 Posts
If in LR, I will also put on something that Ive watched a bazillion times, like Buffy or something I dont have to pay attention to moving to the next episode too quickly. Maybe the Harry Potter Movies.

If in garage, I have a CD of my Halloween music and random songs that I like that get me in the groove. (singing along, ....badly, lol) . Like Journey, or booty shaking stuff, like Ludacris' "How Low" song is pretty fun. (and the video is awesome and spooky too)

·
Registered
635 Posts
While I'm working on props I listen to the music mix for our party. I have just under 1300 songs on that playlist right now and as I'm listening I'll occasionally remove a song or think of a new one to add. All in all the music keeps me in the mood. I haven't listened to radio in probably 15 years and I refuse to pay for access to music I have no control over so sat radio is out as well.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm a loves the quite girl :) . I usually don't listen to the radio or watch tv. I don't do background noise well though, I got hit in the head by a wakeboard rope a few years back, did some damage. So any background 'noise' is distorted for me now .. I do better without it. A lot of times my girls or Dh will be helping so I talk to them. Where ever I am, so are the dogs ., I'm never alone. ;)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
If I'm working inside, I'll put in a Halloween/horror movie that I've seen plenty of times so I don't really have to pay attention. Most often, I'm in the garage and I'm in my own head to the point that I don't feel the need for entertainment.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I got an mp3 player (finally gave in...) for Halloween sounds, but I've been carrying it around with me listening to music. Generally when working I'm listening to our semi-local alternative rock radio station, but what I've got on here right now is a little mix: Incubus, Sick Puppies, Black Keys, Gorillaz. It's new, so not much on there yet. I end up running around between rooms, moving around a lot, so having something small (and with headphones) is good.

My crazy, pull an all-nighter go-to is Emerson Lake and Palmer's album Brain Salad Surgery. On repeat for hours and hours and hours.

(I'm a former art-school professional procrastinator, so I have the routine down.)

I can't put on a movie or something with visuals, because I'll either totally ignore it or waste half the time watching the tv.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Besides being a Type II diabetic with poor eyesight, I have tenitis - the constant noise in your ears. The best way I can describe it is like listening to a bunch of locust making their summer calls. So, I'm finding a little noise helps me not focus on that. I just came in from the garage where I decided to go back and add a 3/4" layer of pink foam to my already cut out and painted 3/4" tombstones, in order to bulk them up. Was filling in all the cracks and joints with joint compound and just listening away to some 80s music ( I graduated high school in '83 ) and I was really getting into the caulking while listening to Loverboy, Foreigner - I have to say the dirty sax solo on "Urgent" has to be one of the best I've ever heard. :) I have to say that "One way or another" by Blondie came on. If you dedicated that song to someone these days, you'd get a visit from the secret service for being a stalker :eek: You can't tell me that this isn't a little creepy? :confused:

One way or another I'm gonna find you
I'm gonna get you, get you, get you, get you
One way or another I'm gonna win you
I'm gonna get you, get you, get you, get you

I will drive past your house
And if the lights are all down
I'll see who's around

1 - 20 of 24 Posts