Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Which gravestone/tombstone how-to do you consider the best,with the best end-results?

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Terra's tutorials are fantastic - she is a master of beautiful and creative tombstones and she explains her whole process really well. Halloween Forum - Terra's Albums

Keeba's tombstones are also really good - she also has extensive instructions and pics:
Keebas tombstones

Between the two, I learned what I needed to do to make really great stones. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Frankies, I looked at Keebas last night before I posted this, it is really excellent...I'll check out Terra's

Registered
My personal favourites are the one's that truely look for realism. Perhaps not so much in the style or shape of the stone but more specifically how much they mimic that "real stone look"!

Here they are:

Terra's: Terra has an outstanding grasp on subtle colours involved in the weathering process! (link already provided above)

Moonlight Projects at: Gravestones - Introduction - Page 1

Blackstone Cemetery: A Haunted Halloween - Projects: Tombstones

Just to name a few... will post more soon! :O)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I like the realism as well, it's what impressed me about Keeba's, I'll check out the others...Partsman, I saw the angel one a few days ago, it's very cool...
I may just start with 2 or 3 and see how they look, and fill in the rest of the space this
year with some Walgreen's ones i got last year, after Halloween they were 3 for 14.00, and actually are not bad for space fillers.

Registered
I've used store bought stones before as space fillers as well, but onlt when I've expanded and only until I can replace them with something of my own creation, but I do have to agree with you on the quality of those as far as it goes. The very first tombstone tutorial that I ever read was Keeba's after that I was hooked and kept looking for more, it eventually lead me here to the greatest resource of information from others just like me that I've ever found. Good luck and have fun, and as for the ageing effect that Keeba described I find a heat gun for pealing paint works better than the torch.

Registered
To me terra's stones are what I hope Mine will look like someday.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
yes, thanks everyone! This is really helpful! I'm getting ready to take
the plunge and attempt to make my first tombstones!

Registered
Da, da, da, da... da, daaaaa! Chaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrge!

Good luck and have fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts