Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are all familiar with that awesome thread "What did you find/buy?", you know the one that you could look through for hours but what about the things you found and were about to buy but passed on at the last minute? What inspired this thread is a old vintage wicker baby carriage that spookybella passed on. I thought it was awesome and I would have bought it.

So here is something I didn't buy and wonder who would have bought them

Post pics if you have of something you came close to buying but didn't
View attachment 165940
View attachment 165941

F

·
0 Posts
There was quite a few things I found in Kirklands today that I sat and thought about buying......*sigh*....but decided to hold off.

They had a ton of really awesome things, prices were a lot less than I imagined as well. Only thing that stopped me was todays purpose was buying clothes for my daughters first day of school.

F

·
0 Posts
One thing in particular was a wicker pumpkin, it had lights in it. Would look fabulous on the antique chair at my front door. Or even the entrance way table.

F

·
0 Posts
Where are your priorities COTC? You should have told your daughter, "Sweetie, mommy is going to buy this instead, you can wear your old clothes from last year, you will be a trendsetter because it's vintage clothes"
I know!!!! You don't even want to KNOW what I spent on clothes today.

Its redonkulous.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I pass on ANYTHING with glitter on it. Some seriously killer pieces out there.... RUINED by GLITTER.
Uh!! what is with the GLITTER BOMB on everything? :eek:

Should have snapped some photos while out shopping today.. but the GLITTER-reflection would probably be too much for my smart phone to handle.

Can anyone tell i HATE GLITTER in my Halloween? :D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,441 Posts
I pass on ANYTHING with glitter on it. Some seriously killer pieces out there.... RUINED by GLITTER.
Uh!! what is with the GLITTER BOMB on everything? :eek:

Should have snapped some photos while out shopping today.. but the GLITTER-reflection would probably be too much for my smart phone to handle.

Can anyone tell i HATE GLITTER in my Halloween? :D
Same here. I can handle a little bit here & there, around the edges of stuff, but I'd rather keep my glitter to Christmas stuff.

As for non-glittered stuff I've seen that I liked & passed on, probably too much to mention.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, bad joke...I also passed on this listed on CL, a candle holder with a web, $8 bucks but I didn't buy it
00p0p_fQuHMayqPLr_600x450.jpg

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from flea market, there is always somethings I pass on, I passed on this lantern
IMAG0471.jpg

Now these next three items, I saw them and I immediately gravitated towards them, they had lights and you plug them in, all three.

I was like "score!" but then this lady came up and said, "those are mine", I asked if I could at least take a pic. So here are the ones that got away
IMAG0472.jpg

F

·
0 Posts
Just got back from flea market, there is always somethings I pass on, I passed on this lantern
View attachment 166041

Now these next three items, I saw them and I immediately gravitated towards them, they had lights and you plug them in, all three.

I was like "score!" but then this lady came up and said, "those are mine", I asked if I could at least take a pic. So here are the ones that got away
View attachment 166042
Ah, too bad they were claimed!

I need to check out the flea market here.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nick who has a stretching neck. I was interested in buying this animatronic at first, but than his neck the 2 times I pressed him barely went up.
Another one was Walgreens Count Dracula coming out of the coffin from last year on clearance for maybe $10, but his face was just too bad looking.

To reiterate the point of this topic, I think the topic poster wants people to list the things they had some interest in buying at first, but than thought about it more, and decided not to.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,600 Posts
View attachment 166041
Lol, we found that lantern at a large yard/estate type sale the month before! We picked it up since it was either 25 or 50 cents, can't remember...thought it was neat as it even lights up and talks!
As for other items this year, we've had to pass on much of everything so far except some tiny things or thrift finds. Saving our money in case there is something we MUST have, lol...waiting for all the Halloween stuff to be out everywhere and we can see whats all available this year before we spend any real money.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went to the flea market today, found some good stuff, I posted that in the proper thread.

But these two I didn't pull the trigger on
IMAG0478.jpg

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I attempted to go to the flea market today, but found they were closed--despite the sign advertising it was open 8-3. I guess it was a one-time only thing, and they never took the sign down (there's no date given).

Anyway--I soothed myself with a leisurely stroll through Goodwill, and saw a lot of little Halloween things that I passed up.

Three, I wish that I'd bought. My smartphone died a horrible death so I have no photos, but one was a dark metal Jack o Lantern candy bucket++-style candle holder with curlique vines on top, one was a happy faced Trendmasters foam light up Jack o' Lantern, and the last was a small haunted castle "scenery" piece that looked like it came from Dollar Tree--complete with ghosts in the windows, and Jacks across the lawn. Come to think of it, I passed up an orange plastic Jack o' Lantern candy bucket, too. I want to say it was a Grand Venture? Something like that. Probably should have bought it, too.

They had a lot of the votive size dark metal pail style candle holders. They also had ceramic lamp versions of some vintage blow molds that were really cool, but none had prices, and they were all missing the light cords. At my store, if it doesn't have a price, they won't sell it that day--they take it back to the store room to be evaluated at their own pace. :p

I almost bought an inflatable at Wal-mart, but stopped myself. I kind of like the black cat they have for $14.97.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I took the pics of the witches thinking my wife might like them, sent her a text asking if she liked them. I got an error message that my attachment didn't go through so I just left them behind.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I was all proud of myself for remembering to take my iTouch in to Goodwil with me today, so I could take a picture of this. I've been holding out on it because it's $24.99, and even though I think it would look fantastic in my cemetery, it's heavy as heck and worth that...I kinda just didn't want to spend so much. (I'd age it, too) I've passed it up three times now, but would really like to have it. It's around 2.5--3 ft tall.

So I go to upload the picture, and look at it more closely, and I recall the shrill voices of the team of women who seemed to be behind me every step of the way through the store, who kept repeating "I'm only buying things with yellow tags! Don't show it to me if it doesn't have a yellow tag!".

Well DUH, I didn't look at the half off sign, and I guess it's yellow tag week. Yep, this baby was yellow tagged...and I passed it up again. UGH. I may just have to go back and see if it's still there tomorrow. *sigh* I can't believe it didn't occur to me till just now, I didn't even notice the tag color, just swept through the store as fast as possible and left!

111Goodwill wish.jpg

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So you've had your eye on this for a quite awhile LM but you can't pull the trigger. You are right it would like good in a cemetary with its cherubs and all. Maybe it will still be there when you go back.

I went to the flea market yesterday and found a spider, I posted that in the other thread but here are a few items I didn't pull the trigger on.

I wanted to zombiefy this plush German Shepherd, it is bigger than what it looks like in pic. I was planning on making him snarl and foaming at the mouth but ultimately I passed on it thinking its sitting position wasn't threatening enough, guy wanted $6.00. I also passed on this lawn decoration and tea light lanterns
IMAG0495.jpg
IMAG0496.jpg
IMAG0497.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts