Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always enjoyed seeing what everyone does on here so what better way than to post what you get done from day to day. Please post what you've got done today or last few days.

This weekend I tested the police strobe light controller and strobe lights that I'll be using for the biohazard push button scare. I extended the wires for the lights so I can place them all over the ceiling, wired the strobe light controller to the arduino, wired the horns to the arduino, programmed to arduino, and tested it. Wow is all I'll say, it made me jump when I pushed the button.

Also trying once again today to see if I can get my flying bat to work correctly.

So what have you gotten done lately?

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
currently working on the new graveyard fence along with a couple items for our witch scene.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I've been painting molded Great Stuff skulls. Even though a majority of them came from the same mold, I can give them each their own unique look with a combination of manipulating them a bit before they're fully set, and painting each a little differently, carving out teeth, changing the eye sockets just a little.
I was rather proud of my work -- had seven of them done, each a little different from the others. I showed them to DD and she said, "You need like 1000 of those things, right?" heehee-- Despite the slight exaggeration, she's on to something there. I probably shouldn't put quite so much time and effort into each one.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FINALLY got the flying bat to work correctly. Man that thing whipped me for 5 weeks now! But now I have it 100% right. It starts and stops in same spot every time, runs 1 loop then waits 5 min before running loop again and it has been staying in the pulley's for last 3 hrs with the wind blowing. Thank god I got that done. If you attempt this, make sure you have plenty of time to test and redo.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Whew! Been a long hot, muggy Georgia day,but I did get a hat finished for my wizard costume and the hooded cloak for another costume! Also got some work done for my Secret Reaper Victim .I think all of us use PVC for a lot of our props. I made a huge graveyard fence a couple of years ago and it is still in good faith. I made it in 6ft lengths so I could store it easily.

I just had a long but fun day yesterday working on a fireplace for my witch cottage and although I have a fireplace frame, which is huge, I may use PVC to make a smaller one. The big one is really old and made of wood and beautiful but I may need the space it takes up

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
This weekend I did two coats on one side of foam tombstones ,
Finished assembling the bottom of coffin invite, now almost half way through the lids, spray painted some ugly wood candelabras a fabulous metallic shimmer black. And tonight when hubby gets home , we will attempt a packing tape ghost lady (pondering hanging her from our tall living room ceiling for party )
WHEW!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
All that I did today was a little yardwork. But that did include getting out my solar spotlights that I WOULD use for Halloween, if it wasn't so dreary the week prior...maybe I should bring them inside to charge them up this year. :)

I also rearranged my solar lanterns that stay in the cemetery area, and reset my little haunted house stake that stays out year round. Looks like someone bent the heck out of it.

Oh, and, I am busy "training" morning glory and moonflower vines across our arbor. Hopefully, they will be nice and dead and twisted all over the bars before Halloween! The ToTs walk through the arbor to get to the porch, and if it's covered in dead vines, all the better!

I rearranged a few things in the kitchen, and found some things that I'd forgot that I'd bought for Halloween. Tomorrow, I take on rearranging the basement, and getting all of the strewn-out Halloween together!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Not much. Started putting the HD horse together but it needs adjustment. I did finally unpack and hang the bat sculpture from Pottery barn I got ages ago. It's probably not in a permanent place but it'll do for now.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,050 Posts
The only thing I've been working on lately was figuring out my playlist for the masquerade ball. It annoys me that you see so many lists online that clearly they chosen the song by the title only and NOT by the actual song. I'm looking for songs along the lines of Purple People Eater & Man with the Hex & Marie Levaux - goofy ones that you can dance to!

Did you know there is an explicit version of Monster Mash???? And there's a DubStep version of Tubular Bells? That's actually pretty cool.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can finally start working on a few things. Have been working on my Suburban as it went down on me to pull the camper at the end of Sept for my campground haunt. Wife kept saying if it didn't get running no display as my buddy would have to tow me out there. Started it up last night nice to hear that diesel runining again just need to put the air cleaner assembly back and put in the bigger to mirrors. But can start on the graveyard / protection fence build this weekend as old fence is shot.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts