Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 21091 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Just got three of those for free just by asking for Halloween stuff at a garage sale.

Might have a lead for a life sized Frankenstein if this other seller pulls it out of storage and calls me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yo. I know I haven't posted much lately, but I'm still around...just with finals and all that fun stuff. ...so to blow off steam I went a little crazy on ebay tonight...

(plus a corded light so I can throw it in there ;) ...oh and I'm sure that I'll find something else to do with it, fake blood or whatnto)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350278808108&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Two JOL candle holders

http://www.closeoutzone.com/website/product_db/images/p20702_1.jpg

Head in a Jar

...a Brain in a Jar

Skull Fountain

....and that's it....oh except for one item...

A COUNTDOWN CLOCK! ...now if only it looked Halloweenish.

...if anybody else has any suggestions for some more random props feel free to send me a PM at some cool stuff to look into.

Also, just FYI, at LEAST one of these items will be going to someone when we do the Halloween swap this year.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
you guys, those are some good finds. sid, good luck on that frankie. post pics if you get lucky. i ask at garage sales too. never had any luck halloweenish that way. have had luck in the doll department though once. and they just gave them to me too.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I got the Frankenstein monster. He is 50" and green. He dances and sings "I will survive". He was a good find.

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
I posted a comment on another thread about this. I managed to secure a vintage Elvira 'Coors Light' Inflatable promo thingy. It still appears to be in near mint condition. I think the previous owner used tape in a few key places to help secure it. The tape is gone, but like I said, there's still a bit of sticky residue left over. I plan on using some 'goo gone' and that SHOULD do the trick...

Other than that it 's in great shape considering these things came out around '94 or '95. There's eve a plug on the bottom to add sand or water to help weigh it down. In addition, I intend to take extra extra special care to secure this treasure. I've had troubles in the past with anything inflatable, despite my best efforts. It gets VERRRRRRRY windy around here...

She has a one of those 'cube' cases of Coors Light in her 'hands' the case is 3-dimensional and actually has to be inflated separately as it has its' own plug. Since I don't want parents and neighbors to think I'm encouraging the TOTs to become alcoholics, I thought I'd use an old black lace shawl to cover the cube.

Then I thought that I might place something on top of it, like maybe one of those skull-shaped 'fog-misters'. the problem there may be in keeping it from falling off, depending on how heavy it is. I might have to settle for a blucky skull with some led lights inside it instead...

Anyway, I got it on e*bay a week ago, for about $50 bucks plus about$15 for shipping. This was very lucky,as the condition aside, these tend to spark fierce bidding wars whenever they appear. This is the only listing I've seen all year, like I said, I REALLY lucked out that no one else seemed to notice the auction...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I picked 20 foam pool noodles to beef up the arms and legs of the scarecrows I am building. Got for a buck each at the dollar store. They are seasonal and if you don't get them now you might miss out.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
discard, that frankie is sweet, i have one. i got mine at target after halloween maybe 10 years ago. they are hard to find. you got a good deal on him.
halstaff, that is a very nice pirate costume. it looks quality, you should wear it. great that it fits.
thundr, pool noodles can be used for many things. last year i strung them and hung them and the tot kids had to walk through them. nice buy

·
Registered
151 Posts
So far just 4 pairs of women's boots from wally world for $4.00 pair. My Bucky's are getting their much deserved footware. I'll post pictures soon.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks, hallorenescene. He threw in 3 pr. overalls/2 pr. work shoes (aka zombie gear) & sig other got a really nice Milwaukee drill w/bits .
We'll be helping him move with one of our rental trucks & some crew, so I guess it's more of a "buy 'n barter" deal :)

21 - 40 of 21091 Posts
About this Discussion
21.1K Replies
1.4K Participants
Wycked Spiryt
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing